With the creation of the RSV4, Aprilia has simply brought to market one of the most formidable sports cars ever made. A very compact size, a chassis as precise as a laser cutter, a powerful 180 horsepower V4, angry, intoxicating, which blows the Superbike right into the quiche.
Aprilia is having a blast with the technology transfer between the competition and the series. And the dagger that now accompanies this sword isAPRC. An electronic assistance pack combining traction control, anti wheeling, shifter, and a standing start optimizer.
Not so long ago reserved (and introduced) by the Factory APRC SE special series, these add-ons are now available for the Factory and R versions. The Noale sports car, in its affordable version, therefore also benefits from these digital co-pilots. But that’s not all. To pass the pill of the big extra euros claimed, this RSV4-R ‘+’ benefits from lighter rims, a revised Sachs fork, a more aesthetic and lighter exhaust, a tighter gearbox staging with the 3 first reports shortened, a weight cut of 2 kg, and a lower consumption. For more explanation on APRC, go to a paragraph below..
TheATprilia Performance Ridea VSontrol is 4 modules:
– ATC : the anti-slip, adjustable in 8 positions, manages torque and optimizes traction. The RSV4’s system is so thorough that it can be taught to act according to the tire used. Thus, the motorcycle will react differently depending on the rubber you put on its shoes..
– AWC : the anti-wheeling. Also adjustable, it allows you to make the most of the acceleration available without wasting energy in antics.
– ALC : Departure assistance to sign rocket take-offs. You crank up the throttle, and on top of it, just release the clutch and the bike can handle optimum acceleration on its own. There too, there is a way to settle it; 3 possible levels.
– AQS : The Aprilia shifter, which allows you to change gears with the help of your boots without releasing the right grip or intervening on the clutch.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 2 notice
RSV4-R 1000 APRC 2012
Model marketed in
about 300 km / h
The technical aspect
Aprilia RSV4-R 1000 APRC ABS 2013
- Tank: 17 liters
- Width: 735 mm
- Height: 1120 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,420 mm
- Dry weight: 186 kg
- Train before
- Secondary chain transmission
- Rear axle
(78 x 52.3 mm)
at 12,250 rpm
at 10,000 rpm