The RSV4 … Superbike’s civilian motorcycle. The one that brought the title to Noale in 2010 and brought back in 2012. A tool dedicated to the track with an interaction close to fantasy, and a delirious V4 that bewitches you. Do we need more today ?
More than ever, because the competition competes with ingenuity to find a place at the zenith of the podiums.
Its engine is gaining momentum: the redesigned exhaust and refined electronic management deliver 4 more horsepower; the pistarde now develops 184 horsepower at 12,500 rpm. The torque also climbs, posting a maximum of 117 Nm at 10,500 rpm.
On the front wheel, a trained eye will have spotted the Brembo M430 monobloc brake calipers; more difficult but nevertheless notable, the radial master cylinder and radial caliper are new as well. However, what you noticed the most was this little jagged track. Like the CBR 1000 RR, the S 1000 RR, the ZX-10R or the Ducati 1199 panigale, and soon all the other monsters on the circuit, the RSV4 Factory is equipped with ABS. In this case, the Bosch 9MP system. Very light (approx. 2 kilos), it is disengageable and adjustable on 3 levels:
– Level 1 / Track: mode optimized for the track. It acts on both wheels and works to achieve the best possible performance.
– Level 2 / Sport: Anti-lock braking acts more gradually by combining front and rear braking.
– Level 3 / Rain: More intrusive, it is set for low grip conditions.
To accommodate this ABS, Aprilia revised the tank, and even managed to increase its capacity: from 17, it can now accommodate 18.5 liters. Ergonomics are also improving, with some adjustments and a lower seat.
Each of the Bosch 9MP mappings can be combined with the 3 engine management modes, just to give you a personalized dynamic behavior. And to give the best of itself, the RSV4 keeps and updates its APRC, which includes:
– ATC: anti-slip, adjustable in 8 positions, manages torque and optimizes traction..
– AWC: anti-wheeling. Also adjustable, it allows you to make the most of the acceleration available without wasting energy in antics.
– ALC: Departure assistance allowing the signing of rocket take-offs. You crank up the throttle, and on top of it, just release the clutch and the bike can handle optimum acceleration on its own. There too, there is a way to settle it; 3 possible levels.
– AQS: The Aprilia shifter, which allows you to change gears with your boots without releasing the right grip or intervening on the clutch.
The electronics of theATprilia Performance Ridea VSontrol benefits from an update to improve its effectiveness.
Let’s not forget the superb elements of the chassis, the pride of this factory edition. Adjustable motor positioning, suspensions Öhlins, carbon parts, forged rims, perimeter aluminum frame from Aprilia GP 250 experience (18 world titles anyway). The 1000 RSV4 remains a superb machine, with a level of efficiency at the top of the category. Bo Monoblock, forged aluminum rims, superb V4 with adjustment of its position in the chassis, and multiple injection maps. The RSV4 Factory APRC also retains the small updates brought by the SE, namely a frankly less ugly and much more slender exhaust, a 200 mm wide rear tire and optimized gear ratios..
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 5 notice
RSV4 1000 FACTORY APRC ABS 2013
Model marketed in
approx. 305 km / h
The technical aspect
Aprilia RSV4 1000 FACTORY APRC ABS 2014
- Tank: 18.5 liters
- Width: 735 mm
- Height: 1120 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,420 mm
- Dry weight: 181 kg
- Train before
- Secondary chain transmission
- Rear axle
(78 x 52.3 mm)
at 12,500 rpm
at 10,500 rpm