The RSV4 has become more than a fantasy; It’s also a machine that now proudly displays its 2010 Superbike World Championship crown. In the hands of Max Biaggi, it has beaten the competition at the highest level. For 2011, the manufacturer of Noale releases the RSV4 Factory in a special series called APRC. It is equipped with a pack of electronic assistance, generated, tested, from the circuit and benefiting from all the know-how of Aprilia racing.
Its decoration is that of the Factory that we have known since 2009. Only the Sabot has changed, painted in the colors of Italy and encrusted with some logos of capital importance for Aprilia in 2010: the sponsor Alitalia and the symbol SBK10. The whole bike is still the jewel we know: Suspensions everything Öhlins, Brembo Monobloc radial calipers, forged aluminum rims, superb 180 hp V4 (the power does not increase but the lubrication system is revised) with adjustment of its position in the chassis, multiple injection maps, and here, the “Aprilia Ride Control Performance” racing crutches to make it a super-sharp weapon for the road and the circuit. We find there :
– ATC: anti-slip, adjustable in 8 positions, manages torque and optimizes traction. The RSV4’s system is so thorough that it can be taught to act according to the tire used. Thus, the motorcycle will react differently depending on the rubber you put on its shoes..
– AWC: anti-wheeling. Also adjustable, it allows you to make the most of the acceleration available without wasting energy in antics.
– ALC: Departure assistance allowing the signing of rocket take-offs. You crank up the throttle, and on top of it, just release the clutch and the bike can handle optimum acceleration on its own. There too, there is a way to settle it; 3 possible levels.
– AQS: The Aprilia shifter, which allows you to change gears with your boots without releasing the right grip or intervening on the clutch.
The factory takes advantage of this special edition RSV4 to tweak the exhaust and adopt a frankly less ugly and much more slender element. The rear tire is now a large 200/55, the gear ratios have been optimized, and to make it clear that this machine is the queen of Superbikes, a big 1 with the words Superbike World Champion is affixed to the airbox. , just under the pilot’s gaze.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 2 notice
Model marketed in
304 km / h
The technical aspect
Aprilia RSV4 1000 FACTORY APRC SE 2011
- Tank: 17 liters
- Width: 735 mm
- Height: 1120 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,420 mm
- Dry weight: 179 kg
- Train before
- Secondary chain transmission
- Rear axle
(78 x 52.3 mm)
at 12,250 rpm
at 10,000 rpm