Almost irreproachable tool, the RSV4 evolves only by small touches. With such a missile, Aprilia does not want to take any risk, refines it with delicacy so that athletes can fully benefit from its maturity and exceptional efficiency..
The Italian V4 is the temptation of the over-the-counter Superbike. The sports car is sublime in the Factory version; less noble and yet almost irresistible in R version. It is the latter which changes in 2014, closely following the developments made to the high-end edition. Bigger 1.5 liter tank, finishing details, a slamming red villain – Let’s leave these appetizers at the entrance to the paddock … We want to understand more what the RSV4 has in the belly. The block was beginning to feel a difference with the last barrels of powder from the competition, bordering on the 200 horsepower mark. A little work on internal friction, intake and exhaust allows the boiler to develop 184 horsepower now. The couple also climbed, narrowly failing to hook the 12 mkg. A ladle of watts more, and the chassis will do the rest to stay in contact with the best.
43 mm inverted fork and Sachs shock absorber, aluminum perimeter frame, maousse swingarm; all this remains as it is (which is in no way detrimental). What changes is the position of the engine in the frame and the anchoring of the swingarm. What to give more stability on the big braking. On this side, it is Brembo M430 monobloc and a Bosch 9MP ABS which calm the RSV4-R.
More velocity … It is therefore necessary to adapt the electronic package. Domain where Aprilia is abundantly supplied. Traction control can now be adjusted without cutting throttle. The AWC, aka anti-wheeling, is revised. The entire APRC pack benefits from the latest lessons from the competition via a software update. Note also that the seat goes down slightly, to 840 mm, that the braking also receives a new radial master cylinder, and that the rear tire passes to 200 mm wide.
– ATC : anti-slip, adjustable in 8 positions, manages torque and optimizes traction. The system of the RSV4 is so thorough that it can be taught to act according to the tire used. Thus, the motorcycle will react differently depending on the rubber you put on its shoes..
– AWC : the anti-wheeling. Also adjustable, it allows you to make the most of the available acceleration without wasting energy in antics.
– ALC : Departure assistance to sign rocket take-offs. You put the throttle in full force, and at the top, all you have to do is release the clutch so that the bike manages the optimum acceleration on its own. There too, there is a way to settle it; 3 possible levels.
– AQS : The Aprilia shifter, which allows you to shift gears at once with your boots without releasing the right grip or intervening on the clutch.
Bosch 9MP ABS:
It weighs only two kilos, is disengageable, and adjustable on 3 levels:
– Track : optimized mode for the track. It acts on both wheels and works to achieve the best possible performance.
– Sport : Anti-lock braking acts more gradually by combining front and rear braking.
– Rain : More intrusive, it is configured for low grip conditions.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 2 notice
RSV4-R 1000 APRC ABS 2013
Model marketed in
about 300 km / h
The technical aspect
Aprilia RSV4-R 1000 APRC ABS 2014
- Tank: 18.5 liters
- Width: 735 mm
- Height: 1120 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,420 mm
- Dry weight: 186 kg
- Train before
- Secondary chain transmission
- Rear axle
(78 x 52.3 mm)
at 12,500 rpm
at 10,000 rpm