Rarely has a roadster been more vindictive. Closely derived from the RSV4 but with a bigger engine, the Tuono V4 is a road monster. A hypersport with high handlebars and lava in the pistons. In 2017, it offered itself a small update to satisfy Euro4 and increase its level of efficiency.
The Factory version logically benefits from the same improvements. However, it is distinguished by its richer equipment, mainly in terms of suspensions. The golden color does not deceive. Aprilia Tuono 1100 V4 Factory is equipped with an inverted fork Öfully adjustable NIX hlins; this one has lost 400 grams since the previous version. The rear axle is controlled by a shock absorber Öhlins also. The management also gets a Swedish element to calm unseemly belching. This Factory version stands out from afar with its Superpole graphics, incisive and colorful to perfection. There is also a more threatening tire: a Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa 200 mm wide, while the Tuono RR is fitted with a Rosso III from 190.
Points in common with the RR version – We’ll have to cash in on the 175 horsepower that its big V4 delivers. The latter has also gained a symbolic Nm in this evolution, bringing the total to 12.3. Still concerning the improvements shared with the RR, the Tuono Factory gains larger brake discs (330 mm), Brembo M50 clamps, a multi-axis inertial unit, a more efficient engine electronic unit and an improvement of the APRC pack. Its content is like a hypersport:
– New ATC: traction control, adjustable in 8 positions, refined and more efficient.
– New AWC: the in-house anti-wheeling, adjustable on 3 levels, now much more precise thanks to the IMU.
– New ALC: the Aprilia Launch Control, or the standing start assistant. Adjustable on 3 levels and even more efficient.
– New AQS: the shifter, called Aprilia Quick Shift, which now allows upshifting and downshifting without touching the clutch.
– New APL: the Aprilia Pit Limiter, to select and limit the maximum speed allowed in the pit lane.
– New ACC: cruise control. The new electronic management allows to maintain a chosen speed without worrying about the throttle.
– Cornering ABS technology, active anti-lock braking when cornering. It works with rear wheel anti-lift (RLM) to guarantee stability and efficiency during deceleration. Can be configured on 3 levels and can be switched off.
Finally, the Tuono is equipped with a TFT color screen as standard and the optional V4-MP platform. Remember that it allows you to retrieve telemetry data via your smartphone and to configure the settings of the motorcycle.
Aprilia properly renews its attack roadster, making a formidably sharp weapon. But although the machine is seriously held by an excellent chassis and multiple assistance, let’s not forget that it is a real bomb on the open road, able to orbit a bunch of references. Be demanding! The Tuono 1100 V4 Factory will ask you the same.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 5 notice
TUONO V4 1100 Factory 2017
Model marketed in
about 250 km / h
The technical aspect
Aprilia TUONO V4 1100 Factory 2018
- Tank: 18.5 liters
- Train before
- secondary by chain
- Rear axle
(81 x 52.3 mm)
at 11,000 rpm
at 9000 rpm