But going back to 2010, it looks like Doc Emmet Brown has seriously adapted the FXDWG to current HD trends. There is of course the engine – no way to revert to the Showelhead 1340 but instead of the big Twin Cam 96 of 1584cc mounted on silentblocs. The look is very neat, starting strong and crisp with that tall, thin 21 inch 40 spoke front rim. With that long 49mm fork hooked to large polished aluminum triple trees and attached to a 34 ° open steering column, the front end feels endless, like any self-respecting chopper. The battery barely hidden under the saddle, the double Tommy Gun exhaust, the small headlight and the single brake disc conclude the fierce style of this bike for the hardened Boys. The black trend that has taken hold of Harleys for some time has also been carried over to this Dyna. The rims, the headlight casing, the sissy-bar, the mudguards and the mirrors have become dark. In short, this Wide Glide is even more tempting than before. You wonder why Harley-Davidson removed it from its catalog for a couple of years ….
Key technical characteristics:
– Low front and rear suspension offering an empty seat height of just 680mm.
– Front fork Ø 49 mm chopper style with 34 degrees of angle. Wide, polished aluminum triple trees provide more space between the fork legs to give a more open style and accentuate the effect of the 21 ” front wheel.
– Black 40-spoke wheels with steel rims.
– Drag handlebars with integrated wiring and mounted on black risers.
– Black mirrors and headlight casing to match black risers.
– Battery box and rear fender brackets treated with black crackle epoxy paint. A chrome strip on the battery box incorporates the Wide Glide logo.
– Tank front sloped 19mm to accentuate the Wide Glide chopper profile.
– 2-1-2 Tommy Gun exhaust with thermal protection and double stacked silencer.
– Low solo seat with a separate passenger seat.
– Black monobloc sissy bar.
– A truncated rear fender highlighting the 180 / 60B tire.
– Wide Glide model available in Vivid Black, Red Hot Sunglo and Vivid Black base with flames. The series with flamming decoration will be limited.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 4 notice
Model marketed in
about 170 km / h
The technical aspect
Harley-Davidson 1584 DYNA WIDE GLIDE 2010 FXDWG
- Tank: 17.3 liters
- Wheelbase: 1,715 mm
- Dry weight: 295 kg
- Weight in running order: 310 kg
- Train before
- Secondary toothed belt transmission
- Rear axle
(95.3 x 111.1 mm)
at 5,300 rpm
at 3,500 rpm