More security for the Sportster 48 from 2014: the manufacturer adds its HD Smart security system allowing keyless starting and ABS as standard. A lot of braking changes are also on call.
Genesis: What a strange name for a Sportster? Just two words that sound like an old Elvis record, with delicate scents of gum, a little taste of rebellion and the fumes of a bad Chicago awakening. Like its little cousin 883 Iron, the 1200 Sportster Forty Eight doesn’t like to be disturbed when it comes to giving the streets a thrill. Stripped down, vintage and bobber in style, chewing on a quid of the past with a dark gaze on the horizon, this new HD production would kick your crutch in the shins if you looked at it askance. For now, she seems to be quietly waiting for her coffee, thinking back to 1948..
Here is the explanation of its name. Everything is held in its reservoir, the model "peanut", with a capacity of 7.95 liters created in 1948, just after the end of the war. Low, dark, long and chunky at the same time, this Harley is especially suited to young bad boys, those who swear by the essentials. For them, the 48 will put down its cup of coffee and let the rebel approach.
This front tire is confusing. It seems to be crushing asphalt, finely held on that 16-inch spoke rim. With its 130 mm hip circumference, it is almost as plump as the rear flange. Convinced by the dark, the Sportster 48 invaded it. Fork sleeves, gearbox housings, engine, wheels, mudguards, frame, oil tank, handlebars, controls…. they are all as dark as the night. Suddenly, exhausts, cylinder head covers and rocker rods light up. Attention to detail winds from the handlebars to the stern. The menacing front end can be distinguished by its shortened mudguard held by a lacquered support, the ego rearïste (the saddle is single-seater) is remarkably clean with the headlight-indicator combination integrated into the end of the fender, as on the Iron and the Nightster. Being authentic but different – you can feel it right down to the mirrors, mounted in an inverted position, and making the silhouette even more unique.
The presentations are made? The 48 has unsoldered its coffee, its big tumbled twin can take care of you. For him, it’s all about big torque and carefully balanced vibrations. He won’t sleep, neither will you !
Key features of the Forty-Eight:
– Black and polished engine mounted on silent-blocks, Evolution V-Twin 1200 cc with chrome accents
– Electronic Sequential Port Injection (ESPFI)
– Fuel tank "peanut " steel 7.95 liters on support with lightening hole
– One-piece classic solo Sportster seat
– 710 mm seat height
– Wide tires
– 16 black spoke wheels"
– Custom low profile handlebars
– Mirrors mounted under the handlebars
– Front forks with wide triple clamp
– Fork triple clamp front mudguard with lightening holes
– Triple tree mounted on truncated front mudguard
– Black components including air filter cover, clutch and brake levers and turn signals
– Truncated rear fender
– Brake lights / turn signals / tail lights all in one
– Two year warranty
– Harley-Davidson Smart Security System alarm (sound and circuit breaker).
– 2014: ABS as standard, 300mm front disc, 34mm pistons (+ 36%) in the front caliper and 38mm in the rear caliper, new electrical system.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 34 notice
XL 1200 SPORTSTER Forty Eight 2013
Model marketed in
medium: 4.90 l
about 170 km / h
The technical aspect
Harley-Davidson XL 1200 SPORTSTER Forty Eight 2014
- Tank: 7.95 liters
- Wheelbase: 1,520 mm
- Dry weight: 245 kg
- Operating weight: 255 kg
- Train before
- Secondary toothed belt transmission.
- Rear axle
(88.9 x 96.8 mm)
at 5,750 rpm
at 3,750 rpm