After teleporting us to 1948, would the Sportster 1200 take us to 1972? Not at all ! Although Harley strives to decline many versions of its models, tinting them with the past and nostalgia, the Sportster Seventy-Two does not look in the ’60s..
Sparkling, full of panache, the Sportster Seventy-Two is a breath of light in today’s Harley-Davidson universe, which cruises the bobber and dark custom. The front escapes lightly, the stern hugs the road, while the engine seems to want to live out its debauchery alone. In addition to the ubiquitous metallic reflections, the 72 does not lack styling effects, like its spoked rims circled with white piping on the tires, the ridiculously large peanuts tank, the minimalist mudguards, its very flat solo seat and his handlebars at 1 meter 10 from the ground.
To move its quarter ton, the Sportster relies on its 1202 cm3 twin delivering almost 10 mkg of torque. A 30 year old block that has gently evolved to this day to give the rider the typical taste of Milwaukee.
Main features of the 2012 Harley-Davidson Seventy-Two
– Air-cooled 1,202 cc Evolution V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Injection (ESPFI) system developing maximum torque of 96 Nm at 3,500 rpm.
– Transmission in gray finish with chrome accents.
– Tank with a capacity of 7.9 liters.
– 21 ” front (MH90-21) and 16 ” rear (150-80B16) Dunlop whitewall tires and chrome wire wheels.
– Mini-Ape handlebar mounted on riser.
– Round air filter cover with an embossed cover incorporating a central mounting screw.
– Truncated rear fender highlighting the rear tire.
– Double stacked exhaust with chrome mufflers.
– Solo seat covered in black textured vinyl.
– Handlebar mounted speedometer with chrome nacelle.
– Chrome rear fender brackets.
– Concentric chrome rear shocks adjustable for preload.
– Advanced foot controls.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 7 notice
Model marketed in
medium: 4.90 l
about 170 km / h
The technical aspect
Harley-Davidson XL 1200 V SPORTSTER Seventy-Two 2012
- Tank: 7.9 liters
- Width: 915 mm
- Height: 1210 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,525 mm
- Dry weight: 247 kg
- Operating weight: 253 kg
- Train before
- Secondary toothed belt transmission
- Rear axle
(88.9 x 96.8 mm)
at 6,000 rpm
at 3,500 rpm