Introduced as new for 2011, the new Sportster 1200 Custom is actually a more rebellious evolution of the XL 1200 C already in place for a bunch of years. Perhaps he was seen as too scared of his nose gear, because now the Sportster C’s bow has gained muscle..
2014 did not come with empty pockets. In addition to various improvements (electrical system, exhaust, oil tank, controls, HD Smart keyless start), the Sportster announces a notable gain in its braking capabilities. For this, it is equipped with ABS as standard, a new aluminum master cylinder, new brake calipers and a 300 mm front brake disc..
In its very classic appearance, the stern headlight is actually made up of 3 rows of LEDs. The front optic is surmounted by a small cap of the most beautiful effect. A few polished parts, some chrome, and the iconic 1200 engine. Less torquey but no less interesting than the big 96 ci, this engine exudes the essential: character. At almost 11,500 euros, the 1200 C always gives food for thought – but even more in its 2014 versions: the CA in the Nascar color or the CB, darker.
The key features of the 2013 1200 Custom:
· V-Twin Evolution engine® 1200cc air-cooled with sequential injection E.S.P.F.I. (Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection) – rated value 96 Nm, maximum torque delivered 3750 rpm.
· Motor is coated in a black epoxy finish with chrome housings.
· 16 x 3.0 inch chrome spoked wheels front and rear.
· Michelin tires® Score® 31; 130 / 90B 16 at the front and 150 / 80B16 M / C 77H at the rear.
· Wider fork and polished triple trees.
· Handlebars tilted back mounted on a curved riser incorporating an LED information dial.
· Redesigned Sportster typical headlamp nacelle.
· The smaller rear light benefits from a more visible LED device, requiring less maintenance.
· The front suspension has been revised to meet the needs of the new tire / wheel assembly. 39mm front fork with 30 degree angle. The trail is 105 mm.
· Polished forward foot controls.
· Preload adjustable concentric rear shocks.
· Standard two-seater saddle. 710 mm seat height.
· The 17 liter tank offers better autonomy.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 21 notice
XL Sportster 1200 Custom 2013
Model marketed in
medium: 4.90 l
175 km / h odometer
The technical aspect
Harley-Davidson XL Sportster 1200 Custom 2014
- Tank: 17 liters
- Wheelbase: 1,520 mm
- Dry weight: 255 kg
- Weight in running order: 265 kg
- Train before
- Secondary toothed belt transmission.
- Rear axle
(88.9 x 96.8 mm)
at 5,750 rpm
at 3,750 rpm