Introduced as a novelty in 2011, the Sportster 1200 Custom is actually a more rebellious evolution of the late XL 1200 C. Perhaps it was perceived as too frightened of its front end, because the bow of the Sportster C has gained muscle.. Inclined at 30 °, its 39 mm fork accommodates a smaller front wheel (16 ” instead of 21 ”) and a very wide section rubber (from 100, it inflates to 130 mm), which gives it a more stocky appearance. More style also with a handlebar ‘’Pull-back’ ’, mounted on booster and tilted back.
Better suspensions made their appearance in 2016. The fork accommodates a new cartridge and a 3-setting damping. The rear emulsion shocks can be adjusted for preload. The redesigned saddle should improve the daily life of the posterior.
2014 was also marked by evolution. In addition to various improvements (electrical system, exhaust, oil tank, controls, HD Smart keyless start), the Sportster announced a notable gain in its braking capabilities. For this, it was fitted with ABS as standard, a new aluminum master cylinder, new brake calipers and a 300 mm front brake disc..
In its very classic appearance, the stern headlight is actually made up of 3 rows of LEDs. The front optic is surmounted by a small cap of the most beautiful effect. A few polished parts, some chrome, and the iconic 1200 engine. Less torquey but no less interesting than the big 96 ci, this engine exudes the essential: character. At a little over 12,000 euros, the 1200 C is still sobering, knowing that after the CA variation last year, it is the 1200 CB, darker, which disappears from the catalog in 2018.
The key features of the 1200 Custom:
· V-Twin Evolution engine® 1200cc air-cooled with sequential injection E.S.P.F.I. (Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection) – rated value 96 Nm, maximum torque delivered 3750 rpm.
· Motor is coated in a black epoxy finish with chrome housings.
· 16 x 3.0 inch chrome spoked wheels front and rear.
· Michelin tires® Score® 31; 130 / 90B 16 at the front and 150 / 80B16 M / C 77H at the rear.
· Wide fork and polished triple trees.
· Handlebars tilted back mounted on a curved riser incorporating an LED information dial.
· Redesigned Sportster typical headlamp nacelle.
· The smaller rear light benefits from a more visible LED device, requiring less maintenance.
· 39mm front fork with 30 degree angle. The trail is 105 mm.
· Polished forward foot controls.
· Preload adjustable concentric rear shocks.
· Standard two-seater saddle. 725 mm seat height.
· The 17 liter tank offers better autonomy.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 21 notice
XL SPORTSTER 1200 CUSTOM 2017
Model marketed in
medium: 5.20 l
175 km / h odometer
The technical aspect
Harley-Davidson XL SPORTSTER 1200 CUSTOM 2018
- Tank: 17 liters
- Width: 840 mm
- Height: 725 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,530 mm
- Dry weight: 255 kg
- Weight in running order: 268 kg
- Train before
- Secondary toothed belt transmission.
- Rear axle
(88.9 x 96.8 mm)
at 6,000 rpm
at 3,500 rpm