– Its line: majestic from all angles, it must be recognized that it is one of the most elegant in its category.
– Its size: very imposing, it often goes for a larger displacement, which is not unpleasant, an impression confirmed by the sound of the engine. It’s one of the only 125cc customs that can be driven by big guys who know what it’s like to take the handlebars in the knees at every turn;
– Its maneuverability: its size, strangely enough, does not make it less maneuverable than any other in its category and we can even recommend it to beginners. In addition, the driving position is rather pleasant for a custom and the spacing of the mirrors allows good visibility for a motorcycle;
– Its engine: again, it’s the best in its class. Very resistant, it allows you to maintain a cruising speed of 120 km / h (130 with the wind at your back).
However, there are small flaws in the Shadow 125cc:
– The finishes: given the very high price for the category, we could expect to find more chrome. Instead, we mostly find aluminum and plastic which really looks messy when you look at it closely;
– The tank: apart from its imposing volume which requires having a large pelvis or to be rather flexible to ride it, a gauge is sorely lacking;
– The wheels: taking into account its weight and its volume, one may wonder, after a few emergency braking, whether the width of the original wheels is really sufficient;
– The side stand: the total impossibility of supplementing or replacing it with a straight stand makes it difficult to park in the city, especially in spaces reserved for two wheels.
In short, despite some minor flaws, the Honda Shadow 125cc is really the star of its category and provides real driving pleasure, whether in town or in the countryside..
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 72 notice
Model marketed in
about 120 km / h
The technical aspect
Honda 125 Shadow VT 1999
- Tank: 14.5 liters
- Width: 888 mm
- Height: 1,113 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,524 mm
- Dry weight: 146 kg
- Operating weight: 162 kg
- Train before
- Final chain drive
- Rear axle
(42 x 45 mm)
at 11,000 rpm
at 9000 rpm