It’s not the dress that makes the monk – The CBF 600 S took this adage to its own in 2008 for its first evolution, 4 years after its appearance. It will take a very careful eye to unearth the aesthetic differences between 2 vintages: the facelift is very subtle, bordering on unnoticed.
But side tails as side face, not easy to recognize the 07 from the 08 – Only the sides of the fork crown change appearance. A comma hollowed out on each side energizes this protective appendix. Apart from that and the turn signals that turned white, we went around.
We are therefore going to dig a little into the technical documentation to find out what Honda has reviewed in its mid-capacity roadster for everyone. It was necessary to find a modern mechanism to pass Euro 3, to review the level of services upwards and also to gain a little weight. No problem: the Hornet has already stuck the engine of the 600 CBR; the CBF does the same. We therefore find the lightest and most recent 600 in the Honda range in the CBF. Even deflated at 78 horsepower, the boiler should significantly improve performance and driving pleasure. Less heavy than the previous one, more lively, equipped with PGM-FI injection, more compact, and provided with more availability at low and medium speeds, the 4-cylinder is ready to face its most dangerous adversaries: the Suzuki Bandit and the Yamaha 600 FZ6 Fazer.
For the frame, Honda renews its confidence in the structure "mono-backbone" which equips the CBF 600 and Hornet since their creation. On the other hand, for 2008, it is no longer in steel but in aluminum (normal, it comes from the Hornet ’07). Stronger and stiffer, it is made up of 3 large castings (the steering column, top frame and swingarm brackets) welded together. This simple and light structure integrates the motor as a
supporting element in its own right. The suspensions remain identical, except for the appearance of an adjustment of the preload of the fork..
It is on the brakes side that the CBF 600 is also evolving. The discs, now fixed with 6 frets, are fitted with standard calipers as standard equipment but can optionally receive assistance from a CBS and ABS system. The ABS / Combined braking version combines the rear brake pedal with the central piston of the front right caliper (which has 3 pistons), in order to provide an optimal distribution of the braking force, in particular when the rear brake is used. alone and with firmness. An integrated timing device also ensures that a measured action on the rear brake has little or no effect on the front brake. The other 5 pistons of the front calipers are actuated in a conventional manner by the lever, providing optimum braking power..
Claiming ease and user-friendliness, the CBF 600 continues this quest by offering a tank larger than one liter, a revised dashboard with the integration of a fuel gauge, the center stand axle has been repositioned and its modified lug to limit the effort required to place the CBF on its crutch, and the clever 3-height adjustable saddle and 2-position adjustable screen are retained. The HISS coded key lock will ensure its conservation in your hands.
Some options are available in order to customize your CBF 600 S ’08:
• A 45 l top case available in the colors of the machine and capable of holding two full face helmets. This top case, equipped with a passenger backrest and a quick release system, can be easily installed on the luggage carrier.
• A set of two polyurethane armrests to be installed on the top case to increase passenger comfort.
• A 35 liter capacity top case, easily removable and also available in the colors of the trim. This top case can contain a full face helmet or two jet type models. It is installed on an injected plastic support.
• A set of specific side cases and available in the colors of the trim. Available in 29 and 33 liter versions.
• A sturdy expandable bag designed to adapt to the top case and thus facilitate luggage transport.
• A set of two sturdy nylon bags designed to facilitate transporting luggage in the side cases. 16 liter capacity with a front pocket embellished with a “Honda Wing” emblem.
• A very practical magnetic tank bag with a capacity of 13 liters. Can hold A4 size elements.
• An AVERTO type alarm with motion detector, siren and back-up battery. Low power standby mode protects the battery from possible discharge.
• A light gray tinted polycarbonate screen, designed to cover the optics of the naked CBF600 and provide additional protection to the pilot at high speed.
• Adhesive tank protection designed to prevent scratches.
• A set of heated grips with temperature settings and battery protection circuit.
• A sturdy U-shaped lock designed to fit in the compartment under the passenger seat.
• An elastic net that secures the luggage when it is transported on the passenger seat or on the luggage carrier.
• A sturdy exterior protection cover against UV and rain.
• A set of chrome elements intended to dress the instrumentation of the Naked version (speedometer + tachometer).
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 5 notice
CBF 600 S 2011
Model marketed in
about 200 km / h
The technical aspect
Honda CBF 600 S 2012
- Tank: 20 liters
- Width: 765 mm
- Height: 1110 mm
- Wheelbase: 1490 mm
- Operating weight: 222 kg
- Train before
- Secondary chain transmission
- Rear axle
(67 x 42.5 mm)
at 10,500 rpm
at 8,250 rpm