The Yamaha TDR and the Cagiva Supercity having disappeared from the catalogs, there was only the 125 Varadero left to defend the chances of road trail in the 125 niche. A beautiful machine, expensive, rewarding, ready for the road but a little heavy for its (excellent) small V-twin of an 8th of a liter. 6 years have passed – it’s time to review the Varadero.
And Honda did not miss it. The more elegant and aggressive design suits this new version very well. A little touch of CBR 125 in terms of optics, from the shoulders to the Transalp 650 mixing curves and taut lines, beautiful CBF 600 style lights, a very nice complete dashboard – it’s beautiful, sexy, complete; and in addition, it is equipped with PGM-FI injection.
Like the 2007 CBR 125 version, the engine is now equipped with injection. This is the only modification on this 15 hp mill. A very good mechanism which does not demerit; but in front of 169 kg all wet to tow, the twin starts to struggle a little. You have to drive it like the old one: push it through the towers to use it correctly. Let’s be satisfied: the Varadero, with its injection, passes Euro 3 and should gain in consumption.
To make a small (and heavy) GT à la carte, Honda options allow you to prepare the Varadero for the trip:
– A large 45-liter capacity top-case designed to be installed on the original luggage carrier via a keyed mounting system.
– A set of heated grips equipped with a temperature control system.
– A central stand
– An aluminum handlebar trigger guard for a more adventurous image.
– A large resin shoe that protects the engine from projections from the front wheel.
– A U-shaped lock designed to fit easily under the passenger part of the saddle.
– A preformed cover that protects the machine from rain and prying eyes.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 53 notice
125 VARADERO XLV 2006
Model marketed in
0 to 100: 16.70 s
approx. 115 km / h
The technical aspect
Honda 125 VARADERO XLV 2007
- Tank: 16.8 liters
- Width: 833 mm
- Height: 1250 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,450 mm
- Dry weight: 152 kg
- Weight in running order: 169 kg
- Train before
- Secondary chain transmission
- Rear axle
(42 x 45 mm)
at 11,000 rpm
at 9,500 rpm