After its slight facelift in 2011, the big Honda streetfighter is gently continuing its career. The CB 1000 R "phase 2" remains very close to the previous one. Take a good look from everywhere, you will only see points of detail, and this when you get very close.
To design it, the plant seems to have gone out of its "politically correct" by adopting a very flashy style, lines that are both taut and collected, a particularly aggressive design, the engine and the front axle of the CBR 1000 RR Fireblade 2007, a magnificent rear rim mounted on a single-sided arm, a rear section reduced to a union minimum, shoulders sharpened to the bare bones, a robot optical unit terminated by a cybernetic control eye … When Honda wakes up – and it does not pretend.
Everything on the front. Both the general design and the driving position have been developed in this direction. Therefore, even when stationary, the machine gives off an impression of speed and power. In dynamics, with a center of gravity and a pilot closer to the steering column, this should translate into a sacred liveliness and a placement in the most dazzling curve. As on the recent 600 Hornet, the frame is a gravity-cast aluminum Monobackbone. Inside, the big 4-cylinder of the CBR is optimized for street-bike use; that is to say more availability, torque and gniak available at low and medium speeds. Honda claims 30% more power over the entire rev range than on the CBF 1000, lightning accelerations, and has made it a priority to offer maximum torque and availability in the heart of the CB 1000 R.
A big engine that moves means a chassis that holds up. Associated with the Monobackbone frame, we find an inverted HMAS fork of 43 mm in diameter adjustable from everywhere, a Monoshock rear suspension attached to the enormous and magnificent single-sided arm (it is the first Japanese roadster to be equipped with it), full braking. radial which can be optionally fitted with ABS and CBS. A street-fighter of this caliber with combined braking and assisted anti-lock, it’s not common…
The CB 1000 R will quickly attract all eyes. For the less sympathetic, there is an electronic HISS lock that keeps watch. For the curious who will approach the cockpit, they will still be entitled to surprises. Up to the dashboard, Honda tore itself apart. The instrumentation unit is all digital, with information scattered over 3 different dials. The central serves as a tachometer, with a multi-segment indicator similar to that of the VTR 1000 SP1.
Summary of the characteristics of the CB 1000 R:
• Image combining urban sophistication and style unique to high-performance roadsters.
• Architecture “forward ”with a forward driving position and a short, compact rear.
• Parts and components associated with a high-tech image, complementing a drawing
sophisticated and modern ensemble.
• angular escapement placed at mid-height to lower the center of gravity and induce a more agile behavior while delivering a particular sound.
• New triangular multireflector front optic, integrated in a minimalist equipped headlight plate
a new diode position light.
• New 17-inch 4-spoke alloy wheels.
• Magnesium cylinder head cover and alternator housing to reduce weight.
• Compact and lightweight 998cc inline 4-cylinder³ with electronic fuel injection and cooling
liquid, derived from that of the CBR1000RR Fireblade 2007 but worked in such a way as to favor performance at
low and medium revs.
• Hydraulically actuated clutch can be released below 2,000 rpm without fear of engine stalling.
• Cast aluminum Mono-Backbone frame.
• Fully adjustable Ø 43 mm inverted fork.
• Aluminum Pro Arm single-sided swingarm, rigid, light and actuating an adjustable monoshock.
• Large Supersport type radial tires.
• Front braking system with double floating disc Ø 310 mm and radial calipers 4 pistons. Ø rear disc
256 mm with double piston caliper.
• Version with ABS anti-lock braking Combined with 3-piston calipers and latest generation anti-lock system for optimal braking performance in all circumstances.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 50 notice
CB 1000 R 2013
Model marketed in
about 240 km / h
The technical aspect
Honda CB 1000 R 2014
- Tank: 17 liters
- Width: 805 mm
- Height: 1,095 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,445 mm
- Operating weight: 217/222 with ABS kg
- Train before
- Secondary chain transmission
- Rear axle
(75 x 56.5 mm)
at 10,000 rpm
at 7,750 rpm