A motorcycle theft every 9 minutes in France…
According to the police (police and gendarmerie), 59,835 two-wheelers were stolen in France in 2014, up 1.9%. Either a motorcycle theft reported every 9 minutes, against one every 10 minutes in 2013 … ICA analyzes certain effects of this sadly major phenomenon in the 4th edition of its Observatory of theft of 2-wheels …
According to the police (police and gendarmerie), 59,835 two-wheelers were stolen in France in 2014, up 1.9%. Or a motorcycle theft reported every 9 minutes, against … ICA analyzes some of the effects of this sadly major phenomenon in the 4th edition of its …
Theft, an important criterion before purchasing … for ICA customers
As every year since 2011, the company specializing in anti-theft devices, engraving and geolocation solutions for motorcycles and scooters in the event of theft questioned several bikers and scooter riders (2,979 this year) to find out their behavior in the face of theft and their methods. to avoid it.
ICA takes this opportunity to take stock of the regions and environments most affected by the theft. Note however that the results of this "observatory" are not the strict reflection of reality, since the study was only conducted with users who have opted for an ICA engraving since 2006.
Under these conditions, respondents’ reactions are necessarily biased: it is therefore not surprising that "42%" of respondents (up "6%" compared to 2014) place the risk of theft among the five most important criteria. important before purchase (after brand, price, cost of maintenance and insurance) !
Likewise, the fact that "47%" feel "exposed to theft" is logical since otherwise, they would not have opted for the engraving of their motorcycle, an certainly effective solution (especially to fight against the concealment of spare parts) but which nevertheless entails additional costs ("around 65 €", according to ICA).
Methods and reactions to motorcycle theft
- 97% of respondents have theft insurance
- 67% use a "U"
- 29% using an anti-theft chain
- 41% use a disk lock
- 31% have an alarm
- 8% use post-flight geolocation systems
- 25% of respondents have already suffered a theft (3% more than three times!)
- 10% did not report this theft
- 85% say their vehicle was protected during theft (a third of them say it was strapped)
- 55% of stolen vehicles have not been found
- 44% of stolen vehicles were found (+ 4% compared to 2014)
- 51% of theft victims believe they were poorly compensated by their insurance (59% in 2014)
Circumstances and places of thefts
- 91% of thefts took place in urban areas
- 9% of thefts took place in rural areas
- 45% of flights took place during the day
- 55% of thefts took place at night
- 62% of thefts took place on public roads
- 35% of thefts took place in a collective or private garage
- 3% of thefts were carried out by "bike-jacking"
- 39% of the flights took place in Île-de-France
- 4% of the flights took place in Nord-Pas-de-Calais
- 12% of flights took place in Rhône-Alpes
- 4% of flights took place in Midi-Pyrénées
- 13% of the flights took place in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur (PACA)
Motorcycle theft: a two-wheeler stolen every 10 minutes in France… In the third edition of its 2-wheeler theft observatory , the anti-theft brand ICA…
Motorcycle theft: top 10 most stolen motorcycles in France According to the study that 2-Roues Lab ‘has just carried out with L’Officiel du cycle, de la…
MOTORCYCLE THEFT 2016 55,400 motorcycles and scooters stolen in France in 2016 Good news: the frequency of thefts of motorized two-wheelers in France…
Motorcycle theft: 66,549 two-wheelers stolen in 2012 According to police and national gendarmerie reports, 66,549 thefts of motorcycles and scooters were…
Motorcycle theft: two-wheelers three times more stolen than cars The French Federation of Insurance Companies (FFSA) and the Group of Mutual Insurance…
MOTORCYCLE THEFT Top 10 most stolen motorcycles and scooters in France La Mutuelle des Motards has just published the Top 10 most stolen two-wheelers in…
December 17, 2018 Losing a driver’s license never comes at the right time. Before a long trip or a trip abroad, panic. Here’s how to get your papers back…
The number of stolen motorcycles in France is said to be down very slightly Like last year, ICA publishes its report on motorcycle and scooter thefts in…
HALF-YEAR REPORT Motorcycle and scooter market 2018: successful first half for France The first half of 2018 went well for the French motorcycle market:…
2007 MARKET REPORT Absolute record of motorcycle sales in France ! In 2007, 238,966 motorcycles were registered in France. The gap between the 125s and…