Dakar moto – stage 6: the treble for Price, hell for Barreda
Already winner on the second and then on the fifth day of the Dakar motorcycle, Toby Price (KTM) tripled the stake by clinching the victory of the longest stage of the rally (542 km hronométré) with one minute ahead of Matthias Walkner (KTM) and Paulo Gonçalves (Honda), who retains the reins of the provisional on his official CRF.
Already winner on the day of the Dakar motorcycle, Toby Price (KTM) tripled the stake by clinching the victory of the longest stage of the rally (542 km hronométré) with a minute ahead of Matthias Walkner (KTM) and Paulo Gonçalves (Honda), who retains the reins of the provisional on his official CRF.
The fair Price !
To lock in his victory Price had to fight all day with Gonçalves, author of a very high pace. Gradually, the young Australian nibbled his delay on the experienced Portuguese, before overtaking him and widening the gap on the last four crossing points..
"There were some pitfalls in terms of navigation but I was able to thwart them", describes Toby Price, second in the provisional, just 35 seconds behind Gonçalves. "I took my time with the roadbook so as not to make any mistakes. I’m happy, we’ll have to do the same tomorrow, keep this pace. The battle will be tight until the end and the finish is still far away. . For the moment everything is going well, I attack while being at ease. The pace of this first week will have been high all the same, more than last year ".
Engine failure for Joan Barreda Bort…
Twelfth, Mickael Metge (Honda) finished first French driver of the day ahead of his compatriots Antoine Méo and Alain Duclos. In the provisional, Méo still occupies the rank of first French driver, in 8th position ahead of Duclos.
Adrien Van Beveren (Yamaha) finished 16th at 15’30, just behind Laia Sanz. In the provisional, the French is 18th at 43’50 – ahead of his compatriot David Casteu (KTM) – while the Spanish rider is 16th at 39’29 on his KTM.
Let’s drop by shovel
This sixth stage proved to be particularly trying and selective for the bikers, with many retirements as a result. This is particularly the case of the French Eric Croquelois, evacuated by helicopter after a fall with a slight injury to his left arm..
Husqvarna official Ruben Faria, another favorite for the victory, also fell heavily in the special: the Portuguese broke his wrist and must retire. Victim of severe pain in the ligaments of the knee following a fall the day before, the Slovenian Ivan Jakes (KTM) also leaves the Dakar 2016.
Finally, the Italian pilot Alessandro Barbero fell violently, hard enough to split his helmet! Despite his desire to return to the handlebars of his Husqvarna, the Italian will not be able to convince the medical service, which will order him to return to the bivouac via the special truck..
Video summary of step 6: to follow, stay connected !
Results and classification of stage 6 of the Dakar moto 2016 (top 50)
PRICE (AUS) KTM 05:51:48 – –
Provisional general classification of the Dakar motorcycle 2016 (top 50)
- GONCALVES (PRT) HONDA 20:23:07 – –
- PRICE (AUS) KTM 20:23:42 00:00:35 –
- WALKNER (AUT) KTM 20:25:57 00:02:50 –
- SVITKO (SVK) KTM 20:28:24 00:05:17 00:01:00
- QUINTANILLA (CHL) HUSQVARNA 20:38:17 00:15:10 00:01:00
- RODRIGUES (PRT) YAMAHA 20:43:19 00:20:12 –
- BENAVIDES (ARG) HONDA 20:44:11 00:21:04 –
- MEO (FRA) KTM 20:46:09 00:23:02 –
- DUCLOS (FRA) SHERCO TVS 20:49:16 00:26:09 –
- PEDRERO GARCIA (ESP) SHERCO TVS 20:50:24 00:27:17 00:02:00
- ARANA (ESP) HUSQVARNA 20:53:56 00:30:49 00:01:00
- METGE (FRA) HONDA 20:56:38 00:33:31 00:02:00
- BOTTURI (ITA) YAMAHA 20:56:51 00:33:44 00:03:00
- BRABEC (USA) HONDA 20:56:53 00:33:46 00:02:30
- FARRES GUELL (ESP) KTM 21:02:34 00:39:27 00:00:30
- SANZ (ESP) KTM 21:02:36 00:39:29 –
- VILADOMS (ESP) KTM 21:04:53 00:41:46 00:01:00
- VAN BEVEREN (FRA) YAMAHA 21:06:57 00:43:50 00:02:00
- CASTEU (FRA) KTM 21:14:26 00:51:19 –
- CERVANTES MONTERO (ESP) KTM 21:15:29 00:52:22 00:01:00
- GYENES (ROU) KTM 21:20:09 00:57:02 –
- KLYMCIW (CZE) HUSQVARNA 21:22:41 00:59:34 00:01:00
- METGE (FRA) HONDA 21:25:45 01:02:38 –
- MONLEON (ESP) KTM 21:27:15 01:04:08 –
- PATRAO (PRT) KTM 21:29:46 01:06:39 00:01:00
- VERHOEVEN (NLD) YAMAHA 21:31:12 01:08:05 00:02:00
- PAIN (FRA) KTM 21:31:16 01:08:09 00:02:58
- CERUTTI (ITA) HUSQVARNA 21:31:27 01:08:20 –
- DE SOULTRAIT (FRA) YAMAHA 21:32:50 01:09:43 00:02:00
- PIATEK (POL) KTM 21:33:40 01:10:33 –
- VAN PELT (NLD) HUQSVARNA 21:47:15 01:24:08 00:02:00
- PIZZOLITO (ARG) HONDA 21:48:58 01:25:51 00:06:00
- DUPLESSIS (ARG) KTM 21:55:24 01:32:17 –
- GIMENO GARCÍA (ESP) KTM 21:58:55 01:35:48 00:01:00
- SALVATIERRA (BOL) KTM 21:59:42 01:36:35 –
- BLYTHE (USA) KTM 22:08:37 01:45:30 00:08:00
- SOLA TARRADELLAS (ESP) YAMAHA 22:10:39 01:47:32 –
- VAYSSADE (FRA) SHERCO TVS 22:16:42 01:53:35 00:01:00
- PABISKA (CZE) KTM 22:19:17 01:56:10 00:01:00
- CABRERA (CHL) KAWASAKI 22:21:39 01:58:32 –
- VOGELS (NLD) KTM 22:22:43 01:59:36 00:14:30
- ENGEL (CZE) KTM 22:30:24 02:07:17 00:05:00
- CARDONA VAGNONI (FRI) KTM 22:53:40 02:30:33 –
- RODRIGUEZ (ARG) KTM 23:07:44 02:44:37 –
- DA COSTA (FRA) YAMAHA 23:11:51 02:48:44 00:04:00
- VAN GERVEN (NLD) KTM 23:21:32 02:58:25 –
- BIANCHI PRATA (PRT) HONDA 23:29:37 03:06:30 00:14:00
- FUENTES (BOL) KTM 23:32:08 03:09:01 00:00:30
- VAN DEN GOORBERGH (NLD) KTM 23:33:40 03:10:33 –
- SMITH (USA) HUSQVARNA 23:39:40 03:16:33 00:01:00
Dakar moto – stage 3: Barreda downgraded, Honda misses the treble ! Winner of his first stage on the third day of the Dakar motorcycle 2016 (read our…
Dakar moto – stage 2: Price takes the best flight After a prologue marked by an accident and the cancellation of the first stage due to thunderstorms,…
Dakar moto – stage 5: Price passes the 2, Méo downgraded After leaving the Honda behind during the first part of the marathon stage, KTM makes the…
Dakar moto – stage 4: Barreda persists … in error ! Frustrated by his penalty received for speeding during stage 3, Joan Barreda Bort worked hard…
Dakar moto – stage 3: Barreda and Honda take action (update) Honda-HRC official Joan Barreda Bort signs his first victory on the Dakar 2016 (14 in all)…
Dakar moto – stage 8: Price and KTM pass again in front of Honda (update) KTM official Toby Price signs a fourth significant victory during the 8th stage…
Dakar moto – stage 10: victory for Svitko but Price consolidates his lead Slovak Stefan Svitko (KTM) gets his first Dakar victory between Belen and La…
Dakar moto 2013 – Stage 10: Barreda dominates, Despres escapes Joan Barreda won his fourth stage victory in the Dakar motorcycle 2013, crossing the…
DAKAR MOTO 2017 – STAGE 12 Dakar moto 2017 – stage 12 – Finish : historic victory for Sam Sunderland (KTM) Sam Sunderland won his first Dakar motorcycle…
Dakar moto 2016 – Finish: Price (KTM) in the legend Toby Price won his first Dakar motorcycle at the age of 28 and became the first Australian rider to…