MOTOGP RACE – SILVERSTONE
2017 MotoGP British GP: Dovizioso leads the world championship !
Winner of the British MotoGP Grand Prix this weekend at Silverstone in front of the two Yamaha officials Maverick Viñales and Valentino Rossi, Ducati rider Andrea Dovizioso takes the lead in the world championship with 9 points ahead of Marc Marquez, victim of ” an engine failure on his Honda !
It was Andrea Dovizioso who was the fastest (and smartest?) Of the weekend at Silverstone, who due to the summer holidays.
- British GP :
- British GP :
While waiting for the explanations of the pilots and the analyzes of the editorial staff, here is the update on this sunny British race which gives a whole new face to the world championship !
Author of an excellent start, Valentino Rossi – – made the holeshot and took control of the Grand Prix to never let go … until three laps from the end! The Doctor – who as if by chance had just let it be understood that he no longer believed in his chances for the title this year! – ahead of Marc Marquez while Maverick Viñales, who this year opted for a soft rear tire, is in third position ahead of Cal Crutchlow and Jorge Lorenzo.
Andrea Dovizioso, sixth, ahead of Dani Pedrosa and Johann Zarco whose teammate Jonas Floger, victim of a big crash at high speed during the warmup, forfeited the race..
Viñales manages to pass Marquez at the start of the second lap in an attempt to pick up Rossi who walks away and takes a lead of 1.2 seconds, while Zarco passes Pol Espargaro’s KTM and tackles Pedrosa for seventh place..
The French rider of the Tech3 team managed to pass the Honda official on the ninth lap and shortly after halfway, Cal Crutchlow gradually seemed to have trouble keeping up with the group of pursuers still made up of Viñales, Dovizioso and Marquez..
In the tenth lap, the n ° 93 attacked the n ° 4 but Dovi replied and passed Marquez again before also overtaking Viñales for second place. !
The Italian then set off on a chase behind his compatriot n ° 46 who remained in the lead with a second lead, while Crutchlow took advantage of these overtaking to catch up with the group. Marquez then passes Viñales who is now under threat from Crutchlow, while "DesmoDovi" gradually approaches the Doctor. !
Suddenly, while Viñales is still in 4th position, Marquez’s Honda lets out a thick cloud of white smoke: the reigning world champion and leader of the provisional classification must stop and give up, victim of an engine failure at 6 laps. of the end !
Dovizioso, now in Rossi’s wheel, would take the championship lead even by finishing second !
The Doctor tries to escape but Dovizioso quietly prepares his attack while Crutchlow tries to resist behind Viñales for 3rd place on the podium.
Three duos fight for the lead with 5 laps from the end: Rossi and Dovizioso in the first group lead Viñales and Crutchlow who precede Lorenzo and Zarco, then the four leading drivers join again…
Dovizioso, more and more pressing on Rossi, carries his attack at the end of the straight line and takes the lead three laps from the finish, leaving the Doctor under the threat of Viñales … The n ° 25 quickly manages to double his teammate and Crutchlow in fourth position try to hang on to oust Rossi from the podium … Andrea Iannone and Danilo Petrucci crash, while Aleix Espargaro retires shortly after.
In the last lap, the Ducati official resisted Viñales and crossed the finish line as the winner, signing his 6th MotoGP victory (including 4 this year) and taking the lead in the provisional general classification !
2017 MotoGP British GP results
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati 40’45.496
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +0.114
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +0.749
- 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda Honda +1.679
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Ducati Team Ducati +3.508
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha +7.001
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda +10.944
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR OCTO Pramac Racing Ducati +13.627
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki +15.661
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Pull & Bear Aspar Team Ducati +25.279
- 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM +30.336
- 53 Tito RABAT SPA EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda +31.609
- 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Pull & Bear Aspar Team Ducati +31.945
- 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +33.567
- 76 Loris BAZ FRA Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +33.901
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda +43.012
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM +48.683
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia (2 laps)
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA OCTO Pramac Racing Ducati (3 laps)
- 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki (3 laps)
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda (7 laps)
- 22 Sam LOWES GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia (15 laps)
2017 MotoGP World Championship Ranking
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA (183 points)
- Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA (174 points)
- Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha SPA (170 points)
- Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA (157 points)
- Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA (148 points)
- Johann ZARCO Yamaha FRA (109 points)
- Jorge LORENZO Ducati SPA (90 points)
- Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR (89 points)
- Jonas FOLGER Yamaha GER (77 points)
- Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA (75 points)
- Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati SPA (58 points)
- Scott REDDING Ducati GBR (45 points)
- Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia SPA (43 points)
- Jack MILLER Honda AUS (43 points)
- Loris BAZ Ducati FRA (39 points)
- Andrea IANNONE Suzuki ITA (33 points)
- Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE (28 points)
- Tito RABAT Honda SPA (27 points)
- Pol ESPARGARO KTM SPA (26 points)
- Hector BARBERA Ducati SPA (23 points)
- Alex RINS Suzuki SPA (19 points)
- Bradley SMITH KTM GBR (8 points)
- Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA (7 points)
- Mika KALLIO KTM FIN (6 points)
- Sam LOWES Aprilia GBR (2 points)
- Sylvain GUINTOLI Suzuki FRA (1 point)
- Takuya TSUDA Suzuki JPN (0 points)
MotoGP British Grand Prix retrospective
- British GP 2016 :
- British GP 2015 :
- British GP 2014 :
- British GP 2013 :
- British GP 2012 :
- British GP 2011 :
- British GP 2010 :
- British GP 2009 :
- British GP 2008 :
- British GP 2007 :
- British GP 2006 :
- British GP 2005 :
- British GP 2004 :
- British GP 2003 :
SILVERSTONE – DOVIZIOSO EXPLAINED British GP MotoGP – Dovizioso (1st): we can fight for the championship With this new victory yesterday at Silverstone…
ALCANIZ – MOTOGP RACE 2017 MotoGP Aragon GP report and standings Marc Marquez poses a serious option for the 2017 title by signing at the GP of Aragon a…
MOTOGP SACHSENRING RACE 2017 MotoGP German GP report and results Marc Marquez takes the lead of the 2017 MotoGP championship at the Sachsenring thanks to…
MOTOGP RACE – MISANO San Marino MotoGP 2017 GP report and standings Marc Marquez erases his big disappointment at Silverstone (engine failure) with a…
MOTOGP RACE – PHILLIP ISLAND 2017 MotoGP Australian GP report and standings Marc Marquez takes another big step towards his 4th MotoGP title thanks to…
MUGELLO – MOTOGP RACE 2017 MotoGP Italian Grand Prix and results Andrea Dovizioso becomes at 31 years old the first Italian rider to win a MotoGP race at…
2018 MOTOGP QATAR RACE 2018 MotoGP Qatar GP report and results (winner Dovizioso) Andrea Dovizioso won for the first time on the Losail circuit, ahead of…
MOTOGP RACE – MOTEGI 2017 MotoGP Japanese GP Report and Results The MotoGP 2017 title will undoubtedly be played between Marc Marquez and Andrea…
MOTOGP RACE – VALENCIA 2017 MotoGP Valencia GP report and results (Marquez titled) And six! Marc Marquez is 24 years old his sixth world crown in Grand…
RACE – VALENCIA 2018 MotoGP Valencia GP report and results (winner Dovizioso) Andrea Dovizioso has one last success in the MotoGP final on the Ricardo…