RACE – AUSTIN
2018 MotoGP Americas GP report and results (Marquez winner)
Like at the parade. Marc Marquez secures his sixth consecutive victory in Austin at the 2018 Grand Prix of the Americas, after a race crushed from start to finish in front of Maverick Viñales and Andrea Iannone.
Who has won the last ten MotoGP races contested in the United States, including the heats held in Austin, Laguna Seca and Indianapolis? Marc Marquez, of course! The HRC official again outrageously dominated the Grand Prix of the Americas, leading this third race of the season by up to six seconds.
- GP of the Americas :
- GP of the Americas:
- GP of the Americas –
- MNC special file :
Neither his three penalties in Argentina, nor his new dispute with Rossi, nor his demotion on the grid in Austin have disturbed his usual "Marc Royale": the n ° 93 signs his sixth victory in as many participations on the Texas route, despite his departure from 4th place following his penalty for having hampered Viñales in qualifying. A big change concerning him, he who started from pole the five previous seasons !
Very quickly taken over the race, Marc Marquez then "punished" Viñales and Iannone who followed him by – very! – far away on their Yamaha and Suzuki. Andrea Iannone, the only rider who managed to hang on and even overtake Marquez early in the race, took his first podium on the GSX-RR.
- MNC Live – GP of the Americas: Sixth victory for Marquez in Austin
- GP of the Americas –
This performance could not have been better for the n ° 29, whose place at Suzuki would be coveted by a certain… Jorge Lorenzo. The coat of arms of Hamamatsu signs his second consecutive podium, after that of Alex Rins in Argentina. The Spaniard got his brushes tangled this time and did not score a point following a fall.
Crutchlow on the mat, Zarco 6th … at KTM ?
Same story for Cal Crutchlow, who lost the front while trying to stay in the Top 5 with Zarco and Dovizioso. The LCR driver lost the leadership in the provisional, recovered by Andrea Dovizioso who finished 5th in Austin. The Italian, constant if not flamboyant, finished in front of a Johann Zarco who lacked speed. Could rumors of signing with KTM this weekend in Austin have distracted the French prodigy? ?!
- GP of the Americas:
Starting off from fifth place, Valentino Rossi gradually lost contact with Viñales and Iannone: the Doctor passed under the checkered flag three seconds behind the official Suzuki rider, 9.6 seconds behind the winner. His teammate Maverick Viñales signs his first podium since the Australian GP and erases his fall from last year in Austin.
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
A good performance, however, from Dani Pedrosa, who finished 7th at 18 seconds despite his wrist which had just been repaired following his crash in Argentina. The Honda official can be proud of himself, as the pain felt for a while made him doubt he could take part in the race. !
Pedrosa in courage, Lorenzo in shipwreck…
"Pedro" precedes Esteve Rabat, author of a very good second part of the race during which he made his way to 8th place in his Ducati Avintia. "Tito" is followed at the finish by Jack Miller on the Ducati Pramac and Aleix Espargaro on the Aprilia. So many drivers who made short work of Jorge Lorenzo, modest 11th at 31.355 seconds…
Takaaki Nakagami, 14th, is the first "Rookie" of this last race before MotoGP returns to Europe. LCR rider scores a point, while Franco Morbidelli finishes last in the Honda Marc VDS.
In memory of the Kentucky Kid
Finally, note the many tributes paid to Nicky Hayden this weekend during this American race. "69" stickers on the helmets or motorcycles of many riders, flags in the stands, memorial with his Ducati in the paddock: the late "Kentucky Kid" was on everyone’s mind in Austin, including on the flag worn by Marquez during his lap of honor.
"I dedicate my podium to him," added Maverick Viñales, who wore the No. 69 on the chin bar of his helmet. A beautiful tribute from the Spanish driver, finally returned to the expected level of his talent. It now remains to materialize with a victory for the Yamaha clan, whose last success dates back to the GP of the Netherlands 2017. That is 13 races won by Honda or Ducati !
In the provisional classification, Andrea Dovizioso precedes Marc Marquez (46 Vs 45) and Maverick Viñales (41) by a small point. Johann Zarco fell to fifth, tied on points with Cal Crutchlow. Rossi gains a position (7th), while Jorge Lorenzo points to … 16th place in the standings !
MotoGP 2018 Grand Prix of the Americas results and standings
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 41’52.002
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +3.560
- 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki +6.704
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +9.587
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati +13.570
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha +14.231
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda +18.201
- 53 Tito RABAT SPA Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +28.537
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS Alma Pramac Racing Ducati +28.671
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia +28.875
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Ducati Team Ducati +31.355
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Alma Pramac Racing Ducati +34.993
- 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM +37.264
- 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI JPN LCR Honda IDEMITSU Honda +39.335
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Angel Nieto Team Ducati +40.887
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM +48.475
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia +49.995
- 12 Thomas LUTHI SWI EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda +51.115
- 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda CASTROL Honda +59.055
- 10 Xavier SIMEON BEL Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +59.747
- 21 Franco MORBIDELLI ITA EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda + 1’00.513
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki (10 laps)
- 55 Hafizh SYAHRIN MAL Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha (12 laps)
- 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Angel Nieto Team Ducati (12 laps)
Provisional MotoGP classification 2018 after Austin
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA (46 points)
- Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA (45 points)
- Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha SPA (41 points)
- Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR (38 points)
- Johann ZARCO Yamaha FRA (38 points)
- Andrea IANNONE Suzuki ITA (31 points)
- Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA (29 points)
- Jack MILLER Ducati AUS (26 points)
- Tito RABAT Ducati SPA (22 points)
- Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA (21 points)
- Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA (18 points)
- Alex RINS Suzuki SPA (16 points)
- Hafizh SYAHRIN Yamaha MAL (9 points)
- Pol ESPARGARO KTM SPA (8 points)
- Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia SPA (6 points)
- Jorge LORENZO Ducati SPA (6 points)
- Franco MORBIDELLI Honda ITA (6 points)
- Takaaki NAKAGAMI Honda JPN (5 points)
- Scott REDDING Aprilia GBR (4 points)
- Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati SPA (4 points)
- Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE (1 point)
- Thomas LUTHI Honda SWI
- Bradley SMITH KTM GBR
- Xavier SIMEON Ducati BEL
#ARAGONGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Aragon GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez seals his 200th Grand Prix start with a fourth consecutive…
#AUSTRIANGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Austrian GP report and results (winner Dovizioso) Marc Marquez took off his Honda to put an end to the Ducati’s…
#CATALANGP RACE 2019 Catalan GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez wins his fourth success of the 2019 MotoGP season after a Grand Prix of…
#ARGENTINAGP 2019 – RACE 2019 MotoGP Argentinian GP report and results (Marquez winner) Double blow for Marc Marquez at the Argentinian GP 2019: the…
#SPANISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Spanish GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez erases his bitter retirement from the previous race in Texas with…
#AMERICASGP 2019 – RACE 2019 MotoGP Americas GP report and results (winner Rins) Alex Rins won his first MotoGP victory at 23 on the Circuit Of The…
#SANMARINOGP RACE 2019 MotoGP San Marino GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez wins his 77th Grand Prix race – his 51st MotoGP – after…
#CZECHGP RACE MotoGP Czech Republic GP Report and Results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez won his 50th MotoGP victory at the 2019 Czech Republic GP at just…
#MALAYSIANGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and results (Viñales winner) Maverick Viñales takes his second victory this season thanks to a…
#BRITISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP British GP report and results (Rins winner) Below everything last year – canceled due to downpour, what the flute? -, the…