ARAGÓN – RACE
MotoGP Aragon GP report and results (Marquez winner)
Marc Marquez takes his sixth victory of the MotoGP 2018 season at the Grand Prix of Aragon, a circuit on which the Honda official wins for the third time in a row. The championship leader defeated Andrea Dovizioso, long leader after the fall of Lorenzo in the first corner.
Marc Marquez had warned upon his arrival at the GP of Aragon (Spain) that he would not hesitate to take risks on the Motorland circuit, where he feels historically at ease and on which a turn has been inaugurated at his name Thursday. This "Marquez turn" (n ° 10, a long left which follows the corkscrew type sequence) is one of the favorites of the HRC pilot, very comfortable in the curves to the left..
- GP of Aragon –
- GP of Aragon :
- MNC special file :
- MotoGP 2018 season :
With his 67 point lead over Dovizioso in the championship, the No.93 can afford to opt for an offensive strategy after having turned his back while the Ducatis dictated their law. But settling for places of honor starts to weigh on Marquez, who has not won since the German GP in mid-July…
The reigning world champion then set about putting his plan into action, but again encountered strong opposition from Italian motorcycles ridden by Dovizioso and especially Lorenzo. The Mallorcan, very efficient, thus managed to deprive Marquez of pole position and seemed well armed to offer a fourth consecutive success to Ducati.
Under these conditions, Marc Marquez was aware that he had no choice: he had to get a good start from his third place on the grid to prevent Lorenzo and Dovizioso from escaping. This was done as soon as the lights went out, with a .
- MNC Live – GP of Aragon : Dovizioso in the lead, Lorenzo on the ground at the first turn !
Jorge Lorenzo, surprised by this cannon takeoff from his rival, entered the first corner much too wide where his Desmosedici went high-side in the dirty part of the track! The Mallorcan, taken to the medical center, suffers from a game over for "Jorgeuil", who commits his second consecutive fault by haste.
Suzuki at the rendezvous
After the fall of his teammate, Andrea Dovizioso regains control of the race and sets the pace for this 14th race of the 2018 season for a long time. But the Italian knows that his position was threatened, because Marc Marquez placed himself in the position of hunter in the wake of his official Ducati !
Not necessarily comfortable with his, the Honda official however went on the attack five laps from the finish. "Dovi" was initially able to defuse the threat from n ° 93, which obviously did not stop at this first warning shot…
- MNC Live – GP of Aragon: Marquez goes on the offensive
Taking advantage of the excellent engine performance of his Honda – equivalent to the Ducati V4 in the straights -, Marquez returned to the charge: "Dovi" and offered him to the Spanish spectators a very good weapon pass, before the Italian does not end up giving in under the irresistible pressure of the world champion.
Marc Marquez who had escaped him since this summer and won his sixth victory of the season – his 41st in MotoGP – with 0.648 seconds ahead of Andrea Dovizioso. Andrea Iannone, 3rd at 1.259 seconds, signs a very good performance: the Suzuki rider stayed in the wake of the leaders, even managing to take advantage of a troublesome attack by Marquez on Dovizioso !
The future Aprilia rider – quick from the first tests and – finished ahead of Alex Rins, his teammate at Suzuki. Super weekend for the coat of arms of Hamamatsu who celebrates Iannone’s third podium with a double in the Top 4 !
23 races without a win for Yamaha…
Unlike Suzuki, Yamaha completed a new and very disappointing Grand Prix: Valentino Rossi, who started from 17th place on the grid, finished eighth at 15.199 seconds after having battled like hell with Jack Miller’s private Ducati. The Doctor, once again the first Yamaha rider, finishes a second behind Petrucci’s Desmosedici.
In short: despite all his talent and his experience at least as great, the n ° 46 is struggling against satellite motorcycles on his official M1 … Unimaginable two years ago, before the Yamaha went from status from a winning machine to that of a capricious motorcycle whose development literally "patina".
His teammate Maverick Viñales, for having hampered Smith in QP1, for his part finished in 10th place at 22.457 sec. "Mack" admits to being overwhelmed by the situation, grumbling that his motorcycle no longer offers him the same sensations as during the private test in which Yamaha and Ducati took part on this same circuit two weeks before….
As for Johann Zarco, it is at a distant 14th position that the French finished the GP of Aragon, his worst result of the season, ignoring his fall in France. You have to go back to the 2017 San Marino GP to find it less well ranked (15th)…
- MNC Live : Johann Zarco struggling at the GP of Aragon
The Tech3 rider, long in the Top 10 in Rossi’s wake, suddenly collapsed in the last part of the race, successively losing no less than four positions. "Honestly, I don’t see any solutions", breathed with annoyance the Tech3 team manager, Hervé Poncharal.
The point in the provisional classification of the championship
The author of the best operation in Aragon is of course Marc Marquez, whose lead over the second in the provisional goes from 67 to 72 points. Almost three victories ahead of Dovizioso before attacking the tour of the Pacific, which this year marks an additional stage in Thailand !
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
Although outside the blow to Alcaniz, Valentino Rossi for his part took advantage of Lorenzo’s second successive white result to consolidate his third place. Little consolation for the Doctor, as Yamaha now reaches the astonishing milestone of 23 races without a win…
Fourth at 29 points behind the Doctor, Lorenzo now finds himself under direct threat from Maverick Viñales, with whom he is tied on points: 130 each. Not exactly the position aspired by Lorenzo, who did not hide his wish to play the "title" of vice-world champion. Now he is 44 points behind Dovizioso…
Cal Crutchlow retains the sixth place in the provisional and the status of first private driver, despite his further crash in the race. Honda-LCR representative scores his fourth white result of the season and reinforces his reputation as an eye-catching and talented driver … but inconsistent.
Game over for
He’s crashed out at Turn 1…
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
The Briton is followed on equal points by Danilo Petrucci, seventh in the provisional ahead of Johann Zarco. At this stage, the place of first private pilot sought by the French seems more and more difficult to obtain…
Finally, note the superb performance of Aleix Espargaro on the official Aprilia: the Spanish driver, 6th behind Pedrosa, signs by far his best result of the season, dropping from 19 to 29 points in a single race! What to delight and encourage the crest of Noale, in difficulty to advance the RS-GP.
Jordi Torres finished 0.472 sec behind Simeon, yet on a better bike. Very honest performance on such a long and fast circuit for Tito Rabat’s replacement at Avintia, who was new to MotoGP. The Spaniard certainly finished last – unsurprisingly – but did not take a turn by the leaders, disappointment that his predecessor Christophe Ponsson had not managed to avoid in Misano (Italy)…
2018 MotoGP Aragon GP results and standings
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 41’55.949
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati +0.648
- 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki +1.259
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki +2.638
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda +5.274
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia +9.396
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Alma Pramac Racing Ducati +14.285
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +15.199
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS Alma Pramac Racing Ducati +16.375
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +22.457
- 21 Franco MORBIDELLI ITA EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda +27.025
- 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI JPN LCR Honda IDEMITSU Honda +27.957
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM +28.821
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha +32.345
- 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Angel Nieto Team Ducati +37.639
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia +39.585
- 12 Thomas LUTHI SWI EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda +40.763
- 55 Hafizh SYAHRIN MAL Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha +56.296
- 10 Xavier SIMEON BEL Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +58.981
- 81 Jordi TORRES SPA Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +59.513
- 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda CASTROL Honda 19 laps
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Angel Nieto Team Ducati 22 laps
Did not finish the 1st round
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Ducati Team Ducati 0 laps
Provisional classification of the MotoGP 2018 championship
- Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA (246 points)
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA (174 points)
- Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA (159 points)
- Jorge LORENZO Ducati SPA (130 points)
- Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha SPA (130 points)
- Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR (119 points)
- Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA (119 points)
- Johann ZARCO Yamaha FRA (112 points)
- Andrea IANNONE Suzuki ITA (108 points)
- Alex RINS Suzuki SPA (92 points)
- Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA (87 points)
- Jack MILLER Ducati AUS (68 points)
- Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati SPA (64 points)
- Tito RABAT Ducati SPA (35 points)
- Pol ESPARGARO KTM SPA (32 points)
- Franco MORBIDELLI Honda ITA (31 points)
- Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia SPA (29 points)
- Hafizh SYAHRIN Yamaha MAL (24 points)
- Bradley SMITH KTM GBR (18 points)
- Takaaki NAKAGAMI Honda JPN (18 points)
- Scott REDDING Aprilia GBR (12 points)
- Mika KALLIO KTM FIN (6 points)
- Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE (5 points)
- Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA (1 point)
- Thomas LUTHI Honda SWI
- Stefan BRADL Honda GER
- Xavier SIMEON Ducati BEL
- Sylvain GUINTOLI Suzuki FRA
- Jordi TORRES Ducati SPA
- Christophe PONSSON Ducati FRA
#GERMANGP RACE 2019 MotoGP German GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez disgusts the competition before the 2019 MotoGP summer break with a…
#ARGENTINAGP 2019 – RACE 2019 MotoGP Argentinian GP report and results (Marquez winner) Double blow for Marc Marquez at the Argentinian GP 2019: the…
#ARAGONGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Aragon GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez seals his 200th Grand Prix start with a fourth consecutive…
#SPANISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Spanish GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez erases his bitter retirement from the previous race in Texas with…
#AUSTRIANGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Austrian GP report and results (winner Dovizioso) Marc Marquez took off his Honda to put an end to the Ducati’s…
#SANMARINOGP RACE 2019 MotoGP San Marino GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez wins his 77th Grand Prix race – his 51st MotoGP – after…
#CZECHGP RACE MotoGP Czech Republic GP Report and Results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez won his 50th MotoGP victory at the 2019 Czech Republic GP at just…
#MALAYSIANGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and results (Viñales winner) Maverick Viñales takes his second victory this season thanks to a…
#BRITISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP British GP report and results (Rins winner) Below everything last year – canceled due to downpour, what the flute? -, the…
#FRENCHGP RACE Report and results of the 2019 French Motorcycle GP (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez remains on his winning streak at Le Mans (72) with a…