MOTOGP SACHSENRING RACE
2017 MotoGP German GP report and results
Marc Marquez takes the lead of the 2017 MotoGP championship at the Sachsenring thanks to his eighth victory at the German GP! The title holder wins in front of the amazing Jonas Folger, second in front of his home crowd on his Yamaha Tech3.
If Marc Marquez’s victory is not a surprise at the Sachsenring in view of his usual domination on the German circuit (8 pole positions, 8 victories!), The identity of the one who follows him on the finish line is more surprising: Jonas Folger, beginner in MotoGP at Tech3! What a year for the Var team, whose two drivers clinch second place at home: Zarco at Le Mans, Folger at Sachsenring !
- MNC Live –
- MotoGP 2017 season :
- German GP MotoGP 2017 :
The No.94 even temporarily led the ninth race of the 2017 season on his private M1, after rocketing up on the official Honda of Marquez and Pedrosa who had started out ahead when the lights went out. The Tech3 rider is the fastest on the track at this point and slams the new track record of 1’21.442 on the resurfaced surface of the Sachsenring on his fourth lap !
Folger the leader!
The crowd go WILD!
– MotoGP ™ (@MotoGP)
Meanwhile, Valentino Rossi is fighting for fifth place with Jorge Lorenzo more than 4 seconds behind the leader (!), While his teammate Maverick Viñales whips his official Yamaha to climb back from 11th place on the grid. The Spaniard, eager to erase his fall in Assen last Sunday, will finally manage to come back to 4th place in front of n ° 46.
Behind, Alvaro Bautista achieved a strong performance with 6th place ahead of Aleix Espargaro, whose Aprilia was very comfortable all weekend on the German turnstile. Andrea Dovizioso, leading the championship for the first time arriving in Saxony, finished eighth ahead of Johann Zarco. The Frenchman managed to gain ten places from his distant 19th position on the grid !
The beginner from Cannes – who turned in the rhythm of the first five – came sportingly to congratulate his box neighbor at the finish: Folger – amazing velocity at the point of rope – spent almost all his race in the wheel of Marquez, before that the latter does not give a last boost three laps from the finish. The German finishes 8 seconds ahead of Dani Pedrosa, lonely in third place.
Folger becomes the 10th different podium finisher this season
What a season!
– MotoGP ™ (@MotoGP)
The results of the MotoGP championship
Marc Marquez approaches the summer break with panache: with this victory at the Sachsenring – his second this year after Austin – the Honda official becomes the fourth different leader in the championship, with 5 points ahead of Maverick Viñales. Andrea Dovizioso moved from first to third in the provisional, but only 6 lengths behind the leader.
Marquez becomes the 4th different Championship leader this season and now just 10 points split the top 4
Again … WHAT A SEASON
– MotoGP ™ (@MotoGP)
Valentino Rossi, fourth in the standings ahead of Pedrosa and Zarco, is 10 points behind Marquez: the championship remains very open after nine contested races: the next Grand Prix, scheduled in the Czech Republic after several weeks of cutoff, may be decisive !
In the constructors’ standings, Yamaha leads the way with an 18 point lead over Honda and 32 points over Ducati. Suzuki is fourth in this hierarchy with … 149 points behind (!) On the Iwata crest. Alex Rins’ 21st place in Germany and the new fall of his teammate Andrea Iannone – then lurking in Lorenzo’s wake – does not help Hamamatsu’s coat of arms…
2017 MotoGP German Grand Prix results and standings
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 40’59.525
- 94 Jonas FOLGER GER Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha +3.310
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda +11.546
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +14.253
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +14.980
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Pull & Bear Aspar Team Ducati +16.534
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia +19.736
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati +20.188
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha +21.138
- 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda Honda +24.210
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Ducati Team Ducati +25.659
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA OCTO Pramac Racing Ducati +31.540
- 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM +32.179
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM +36.453
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda +37.771
- 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM +37.852
- 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Pull & Bear Aspar Team Ducati +39.323
- 53 Tito RABAT SPA EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda +41.190
- 76 Loris BAZ FRA Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +59.850
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR OCTO Pramac Racing Ducati + 1’01.664
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki + 1’01.695
2017 MotoGP World Championship Ranking
- Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA (129 points)
- Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha SPA (124 points)
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA (123 points)
- Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA (119 points)
- Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA (103 points)
- Johann ZARCO Yamaha FRA (84 points)
- Jonas FOLGER Yamaha GER (71 points)
- Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA (66 points)
- Jorge LORENZO Ducati SPA (65 points)
- Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR (64 points)
- Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati SPA (44 points)
- Jack MILLER Honda AUS (41 points)
- Scott REDDING Ducati GBR (33 points)
- Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia SPA (32 points)
- Loris BAZ Ducati FRA (31 points)
- Andrea IANNONE Suzuki ITA (28 points)
- Tito RABAT Honda SPA (23 points)
- Hector BARBERA Ducati SPA (21 points)
- Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE (20 points)
- Pol ESPARGARO KTM SPA (14 points)
- Bradley SMITH KTM GBR (8 points)
- Alex RINS Suzuki SPA (7 points)
- Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA (7 points)
- Sam LOWES Aprilia GBR (2 points)
- Sylvain GUINTOLI Suzuki FRA (1 point)
- Mika KALLIO KTM FIN
- Takuya TSUDA Suzuki JPN
#AMERICASGP 2019 – RACE 2019 MotoGP Americas GP report and results (winner Rins) Alex Rins won his first MotoGP victory at 23 on the Circuit Of The…
#BRITISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP British GP report and results (Rins winner) Below everything last year – canceled due to downpour, what the flute? -, the…
ALCANIZ – MOTOGP RACE 2017 MotoGP Aragon GP report and standings Marc Marquez poses a serious option for the 2017 title by signing at the GP of Aragon a…
MOTOGP – SEPANG RACE 2017 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and standings Andrea Dovizioso did not crack under the pressure of the title at the Malaysian GP…
#QATARGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Qatar Grand Prix report and results (winner Dovizioso) We take the same ones and start over: Andrea Dovizioso and Marc…
RACE – MUGELLO 2018 2018 MotoGP Italian GP report and results ( Lorenzo winner) Incredible Jorge Lorenzo! Mallorcan wins his first official Ducati race…
#ARGENTINAGP 2018 – RACE Argentine MotoGP GP report and results (Crutchlow winner) A completely crazy race! The 2018 Argentine Grand Prix will be…
ARAGÓN – RACE MotoGP Aragon GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez takes his sixth victory of the MotoGP 2018 season at the Grand Prix of…
SACHSENRING – RACE Report and results of the 2018 German GP (Marquez winner) The proof by nine. Lap record in qualifying, fastest lap in the race and…
MOTOGP RACE – MISANO San Marino MotoGP 2017 GP report and standings Marc Marquez erases his big disappointment at Silverstone (engine failure) with a…