SACHSENRING – RACE
Report and results of the 2018 German GP (Marquez winner)
The proof by nine. Lap record in qualifying, fastest lap in the race and victory with 2.196 seconds ahead: Marc Marquez signs his ninth consecutive victory at the Sachsenring, all categories combined..
Unbeatable, intractable, invincible: there is no shortage of qualifiers to describe Marc Marquez’s overwhelming supremacy on the Sachsenring circuit. Since his debut in motorcycle Grand Prix, the Spaniard has won all pole positions and victories in the German GP, nine to date.
- German GP –
- MNC of July 12, 2018 :
Because the Honda rider has once again not made any details during this 2018 edition, setting his pace from halfway for a moment to increase his lead to more than three seconds. This victory, his 66th in Grand Prix and his 40th in MotoGP, Marquez intelligently built it on this track with a dominant left-hand turns, as he likes it..
The n ° 93 first set off "quietly" behind Lorenzo and Petrucci, before gradually increasing its pace to overtake the Italian. Starting with a soft rear tire – unlike his rivals in medium – Marc Marquez saved his rubber capital to prepare for the end of the race: "The management of the tires in the second part will be capital", he anticipated..
The HRC star followed his battle plan to perfection: after biting "Petrux", he climbed under braking ahead of Jorge Lorenzo, who then lost ground with his soft front tire. Once installed in the lead, Marquez then pushed for a few laps to get rid of his toughest pursuer: Valentino Rossi, author of fierce resistance.
Yamaha double behind the "King of the Ring" !
The Italian rider stayed in Marc Marquez’s wake for a few laps, before letting go in the face of the Spaniard’s rise to power. Very good performance of n ° 46, who however dreaded this ninth race of the season because of the nature of the circuit not very favorable to Yamaha.
Yet another podium for in 2018
And he’s happy with that one
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
The transalpine rider climbs on the second step of the podium and confides his secret at the finish: "since last week, I watch the video of last year’s race and I say to myself: if Jonas (Folger, Editor’s note) could follow Marquez, we can do that too ", explains Valentino Rossi, who asked Yamaha to recover the settings of the German rider at Tech3 !
Rossi and Viñales show great sportiness by acknowledging having started from the base of Folger last year to apprehend this edition 2018. With some success, since Yamaha signs a double behind Marquez thanks to the superb comeback of "Mack" . As usual, Viñales lost a lot of time at the start of the race before coming back like a rocket….
"Always the same problem: electronics", assures Viñales, who vegetated for a long time in 7th place before coming back up with a bang after the halfway mark. "The bike is good, the chassis is excellent, but I struggle with it for the first few laps because I don’t have any grip".
Back-to-back podium for
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
"Maverick had a great pace at the end of the race, but was too slow in the first part", regrets Lin Jarvis, the boss of the official Yamaha team, who congratulates Valentino Rossi for his tenacity at the front. posts.
Zarco: "I try everything on the bike, but I don’t move forward"
Danilo Petrucci took 4th position in the Ducati-Pramac ahead of Alvaro Bautista, who delivered his best race of the season in the Desmosedici Aspar-Nieto. The n ° 19 seizes the opportunity to “show” himself while he is in the running to recover one of the handlebars of the new satellite team Yamaha Sic-Nieto…
YES !!! YES !!! YES!!!
Best result of the season so far for, 5 at the !!!
– Angel Nieto Team MotoGP (@AngelNietoTeam)
Jorge Lorenzo finished behind the private Ducati, in 6th place, and ahead of his teammate Andrea Dovizioso. The Ducati Boy’s precede the Honda of Dani Pedrosa, who announced at the opening of the German GP his decision to hang up the gloves at the end of the season after thirteen years on the official RRS.
Ninth at 14.428 sec, Johann Zarco finished the last race of the first part of the season with a certain frustration … In difficulty from the first free practice on a route he does not appreciate, the French qualifier 13th fought all the weekend with insoluble motor problems on his M1.
We need your support today!
– Monster Yamaha Tech3 (@ Tech3Racing)
The n ° 5 finds himself confronted with the same worries of lack of grip which affect the official Yamaha riders since 2017. Disillusioned, the n ° 5 admits not understanding what is happening with his bike and being disturbed by the fact that no adjustment does not seem to solve this problem: "from the first lap, even with a new tire, the rear slips under acceleration"…
"I have the impression of stagnating and it’s frustrating: I try to change all the settings, but I do not advance", regrets the future KTM rider, who has not done better than 7th since the GP of Catalonia. His last podium was at the Spanish GP, just before his disappointment at the French GP…
"We can believe that my fall at Le Mans affected me mentally, but no: I have the experience to evacuate this episode", assures the double Moto2 world champion, who has nevertheless been losing ground since this episode …
With this 5th victory this season – his second in a row – Marc Marquez attacks the summer break with a comfortable lead of 46 points over Valentino Rossi. The Italian, who takes his best result of the year at the Sachsenring, must however have it a little "bad" to note that this gap refers to … his own race number !
We’ve got it guys! It’s alway a matter of and performed with
– Repsol Honda Team (@HRC_MotoGP)
This also means that Marquez has practically two wins in advance after nine contested races, despite his white result in Argentina and his fall in Italy! Such a gap at this stage of the season can only suggest a fifth MotoGP title for the Catalan, quite simply above the lot on his Honda very homogeneous on all tracks.
An interesting statistic also illustrates Marquez’s title chances: over the past twenty years, the driver who left the Sachsenring at the top of the championship has crowned the premier class nineteen times. !
Something to regret for Marquez the exit of the Sachsenring circuit from the MotoGP program next year: the German track, in economic difficulty for several seasons, announced this weekend the impossibility of maintaining its presence on the calendar for lack of profitability .
Maverick Viñales, Andrea Dovizioso and Johann Zarco complete the Top 5 in the provisional standings, tied on points (88 pts) between No.4 and No.5. Andrea and Johann have almost half the points of leader Marquez (165 pts)! The next race will take place in the Czech Republic, at the Brno circuit, on August 5 after the summer break.
2018 MotoGP German GP results
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 41’05.019
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +2.196
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +2.776
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Alma Pramac Racing Ducati +3.376
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Angel Nieto Team Ducati +5.183
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Ducati Team Ducati +5.780
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati +7.941
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda +12.711
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha +14.428
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM +21.474
- 55 Hafizh SYAHRIN MAL Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha +25.809
- 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki +25.963
- 53 Tito RABAT SPA Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +29.040
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS Alma Pramac Racing Ducati +29.325
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia +34.123
- 6 Stefan BRADL GER EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda +38.207
- 12 Thomas LUTHI SWI EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda +49.369
- 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Angel Nieto Team Ducati + 1’01.022
- 10 Xavier SIMEON BEL Reale Avintia Racing Ducati + 1’16.692
- 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda CASTROL Honda (21 laps)
- 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI JPN LCR Honda IDEMITSU Honda (26 laps)
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki (0 lap)
- 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM (0 lap)
Provisional classification of the MotoGP 2018 championship
- Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA (165 points)
- Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA (119 points)
- Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha SPA (109 points)
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA (88 points)
- Johann ZARCO Yamaha FRA (88 points)
- Jorge LORENZO Ducati SPA (85 points)
- Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA (84 points)
- Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR (79 points)
- Andrea IANNONE Suzuki ITA (75 points)
- Jack MILLER Ducati AUS (57 points)
- Alex RINS Suzuki SPA (53 points)
- Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA (49 points)
- Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati SPA (44 points)
- Pol ESPARGARO KTM SPA (32 points)
- Tito RABAT Ducati SPA (30 points)
- Hafizh SYAHRIN Yamaha MAL (22 points)
- Franco MORBIDELLI Honda ITA (19 points)
- Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia SPA (16 points)
- Bradley SMITH KTM GBR (13 points)
- Scott REDDING Aprilia GBR (12 points)
- Takaaki NAKAGAMI Honda JPN (10 points)
- Mika KALLIO KTM FIN (6 points)
- Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE (4 points)
- Thomas LUTHI Honda SWI
- Stefan BRADL Honda GER
- Xavier SIMEON Ducati BEL
#ARGENTINAGP 2019 – RACE 2019 MotoGP Argentinian GP report and results (Marquez winner) Double blow for Marc Marquez at the Argentinian GP 2019: the…
#SPANISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Spanish GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez erases his bitter retirement from the previous race in Texas with…
#CZECHGP RACE MotoGP Czech Republic GP Report and Results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez won his 50th MotoGP victory at the 2019 Czech Republic GP at just…
#FRENCHGP RACE Report and results of the 2019 French Motorcycle GP (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez remains on his winning streak at Le Mans (72) with a…
#CATALANGP RACE 2019 Catalan GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez wins his fourth success of the 2019 MotoGP season after a Grand Prix of…
MONTMELO – RACE Catalonia MotoGP 2018 GP report and results (Lorenzo winner) Jorge Lorenzo caused a sensation on the Montmelo circuit where the future…
RACE – MUGELLO 2018 2018 MotoGP Italian GP report and results ( Lorenzo winner) Incredible Jorge Lorenzo! Mallorcan wins his first official Ducati race…
#ARGENTINAGP 2018 – RACE Argentine MotoGP GP report and results (Crutchlow winner) A completely crazy race! The 2018 Argentine Grand Prix will be…
ARAGÓN – RACE MotoGP Aragon GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez takes his sixth victory of the MotoGP 2018 season at the Grand Prix of…
MOTOGP SACHSENRING RACE 2017 MotoGP German GP report and results Marc Marquez takes the lead of the 2017 MotoGP championship at the Sachsenring thanks to…