RACE – VALENCIA
2018 MotoGP Valencia GP report and results (winner Dovizioso)
Andrea Dovizioso has one last success in the MotoGP final on the Ricardo Tormo circuit, bringing his balance of victories to four in 2018. The Ducati official wins ahead of Alex Rins and Pol Espargaro at the end of a Grand Prix of Valencia disputed in two episodes because of the rain, which trapped Marc Marquez and Valentino Rossi in particular !
Three red flags in one weekend: the weather will have been largely disturbed, very sad and wet since the start of … La, started on a wet track, initially saw Alex Rins stand out on his Suzuki.
- Valencia GP 2018 –
- MNC special file :
Starting off with a bang, the n ° 42 maintained a high pace until the rain redoubled in intensity … No less than eight pilots then started to fault including Danilo Petrucci, Maverick Viñales and Marc Marquez, author of its 23rd bowl (!) this season. The organization then takes the prudent decision to interrupt the race and give a second start for 14 laps..
While everyone is preparing for this second sprint, some are doing their calculations in the championship: rid of the threat of Petrux, Johann Zarco is guaranteed to finish first independent driver, while Valentino Rossi is sure to finish third overall following the fall of Viñales.
The Doctor, keen for the victory in the "first round", therefore has the free field to try to finally win a race and break this curse which follows him since the … Party cautiously in "second round", it is is then strained to get back to Dovizioso who was escaping at full speed after defeating Rins.
He’s crashed out of second at turn 12! He’s back up and running, rejoining in 13th behind Lorenzo!
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
Alas, a few laps later, his hopes flew at the same time as his motorcycle in turn 12: the Yamaha official was down for the second time in a row after his fault in … The Italian won therefore no victory this year: unheard of since his Grand Prix debut in 1996, except for his two years at Ducati (and) !
First podium for Pol Espargaro and KTM
Andrea Dovizioso, never worried at the head of the race, takes his fourth victory of the season, one more than his teammate Jorge Lorenzo. This statistic is sure to satisfy Dovi, who will team up with Danilo Petrucci next year. !
Final selfie of 2018! Say cheese!
– MotoGP ™ (@MotoGP)
The n ° 4 wins in front of Alex Rins and Pol Espargaro, who signs his first podium in MotoGP and the first podium of a KTM in the premier class. Very good performance of n ° 44, yet started at the fault in the first round! Enough to encourage Johann Zarco, who is swapping his private Yamaha for an RC16 next year.
For his last race in the Honda Repsol colors, Dani Pedrosa finished in fifth place, 13.351 seconds behind the winner. A page turns for the sympathetic n ° 26, only 11th overall and whose final season will have been mixed: no victory or podium for "Pedro" in 2018, he who had won at least one race during the twelve seasons. previous MotoGP…
Thank you Dani
– Repsol Honda Team (@HRC_MotoGP)
Marc Marquez’s teammate, who becomes a development driver at KTM, finished this race ahead of Takaaki Nakagami and Johann Zarco, seventh at 32.806 sec. The French pilot was not very incisive in the wet, whether in the first or second round.
He sort of "finished the job" without taking any unnecessary risks: "Petrucci had fallen, so the main objective of finishing the first private pilot had been achieved", admitted Zarco who quickly understood that he would not be able to do so. ” reach 5th place in the ranking held by Alex Rins.
Another driver who was competing in his last race with his employer, Jorge Lorenzo finished in 12th place ahead of Valentino Rossi who left after his crash. Never involved this weekend in the wet, "Jorgeuil" undoubtedly aspired to much better for his last outing on Ducati, after having missed the entire overseas tour because of his injuries….
MotoGP championship review: Marquez and Honda at the top !
The fall of Marc Marquez in Valencia does not call into question his MotoGP 2018 crown capped from. The Honda official finished with 321 points on the clock after having largely led the discussions and winning half of the races: nine victories in 18 Grands Prix, taking into account the cancellation of the .
For one last time in 2018 … SPRAY IT BOYS!
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
The winged coat of arms marks a new excellent campaign, since Honda is also crowned in the constructors’ championship ahead of Ducati, Yamaha, Suzuki, KTM and Aprilia, the only brand not to be on the podium in 2018. Big job in perspective for the brand of Noale, whose RS-GP never ceases to disappoint…
The HRC also won the teams’ championship (mainly thanks to Marc Marquez) ahead of the official Ducati, Yamaha, Suzuki teams and the private structures Ducati-Pramac, Yamaha-Tech3, Honda-LCR, Angel Nieto Team, KTM, Aprilia-Gresini, Marc VDS and Ducati-Avintia.
In the drivers’ standings, Andrea Dovizioso finished in second place for the second time in a row: the Ducati official was once again the most threatening driver against Marquez, but his three crashes at the start of the season (Spain, France and Catalonia) Too heavily handicapped him in the face of the regularity of n ° 93.
Lovely moment as shakes the hand of who finishes his career with a 5th place finish!
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
Valentino Rossi, third in the general classification, finished with the disappointment of never having been able to resolve all the problems on his M1 and of having failed to win any race, which had never happened to him with Yamaha. The only consolation: the 39-year-old Italian finishes ahead of his teammate Maverick Viñales, who is 16 years younger !
"Mack", several times very critical of Yamaha, can however congratulate himself on being the only Yamaha rider to have achieved success this season: he won thanks to a constant attack on this circuit that he love it! However, the record remains very meager for Yamaha and its 25 races without a win.
Alex Rins, fifth in the general classification, ended with panache a very good season: the Spaniard climbed on the podium in Argentina (3rd), the Netherlands (2nd), Japan (3rd) and twice in a row on the last races (2nd in Malaysia and Valencia). Bodes well for Rins, more reliable and efficient than Iannone, and who will team up next year with Joan Mir.
A season not up to the expectations of Johann Zarco
The n ° 42 is ahead in the championship our compatriot Johann Zarco, sixth and first private rider on his Yamaha M1. The results are generally positive for the Tech3 rider, who nevertheless admits with great honesty that "some are perhaps a little disappointed with my season"…
Zarco seals independent rider’s title in Valencia – Syahrin wraps up rookie season with another impressive top 10
– Monster Yamaha Tech3 (@ Tech3Racing)
Johann Zarco did not actually achieve all the objectives assigned to him, whether in terms of raw results or consistency at the front lines. Very well started at the start of the season with two second places in Argentina and then in Spain, the n ° 5 then went through a long slump following his fall in front of his fans at the GP of France, where he had signed the pole…
The Tech3 driver then only climbed back onto the podium once, at the very end of the season, during the Malaysian Grand Prix, which he finished in third place. Laurent Fellon’s protégé – from whom he broke away this year – suffered from not being able to express his full potential with a motorcycle that was delicate to adjust and exceeded by the officials.
We can bet that the prospect of becoming the n ° 1 driver for a manufacturer as powerful as KTM should help him to regain the confidence that he has sometimes lacked this season! A major unknown remains: the potential of his future MotoGP Orange, which he will test on Monday and Tuesday during the traditional post-race tests in Valencia. To follow naturally closely on MNC: stay connected !
The highlights of the MotoGP 2018 Valencia GP live
- Valencia GP 2018 : Dovizioso wins ahead of Rins and Espargaro’s KTM
- Valencia GP 2018 : Rossi makes a mistake …
- [Video] Valencia GP 2018 : Dovizioso escapes, Rossi reacts
- [Video] Valencia GP 2018 : Dovizioso completes the first lap in the lead
- Valencia GP 2018 : Rins gets off to the best start again
- [Video] Valencia GP 2018 : The Ricardo Tormo circuit takes on water !
- [Video] Valencia GP 2018 : The final interrupted because of the rain
- Valencia GP 2018 : Vinales on the mat, Rossi assured of 3rd place
- Valencia GP 2018 : Marquez, Petrucci, Lüthi, Pirro, Espargaro and Iannone Falls
- [Video] Valencia GP 2018 : Rins widens the gap
- [Video] Valencia GP 2018 : Rins signs the best start of the final
- [Video] Valencia GP 2018 : Dani Pedrosa ready for his last (?) MotoGP race
- [Video] Valencia GP 2018 : The final disputed on a wet track
MotoGP 2018 Valencia GP results
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team (Ducati) 24’03.408
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR (Suzuki) +2.750
- 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (KTM) +7.406
- 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ducati Team (Ducati) +8.647
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team (Honda) +13.351
- 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI JPN LCR Honda IDEMITSU (Honda) +32.288
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (Yamaha) +32.806
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (KTM) +33.111
- 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda CASTROL (Honda) +36.376
- 55 Hafizh SYAHRIN MAL Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (Yamaha) +37.198
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini (Aprilia) +44.326
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Ducati Team (Ducati) +46.146
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (Yamaha) +52.809
- 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Angel Nieto Team (Ducati) + 1’10.628
- 81 Jordi TORRES SPA Reale Avintia Racing (Ducati) + 1’16.739
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Angel Nieto Team (Ducati) 7 laps
Non runners for the second race
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (Yamaha)
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Alma Pramac Racing (Ducati
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team (Honda
- 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR (Suzuki)
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini (Aprilia)
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS Alma Pramac Racing (Ducati)
- 21 Franco MORBIDELLI ITA EG 0,0 Marc VDS (Honda)
- 12 Thomas LUTHI SWI EG 0,0 Marc VDS (Honda)
MotoGP 2018 general classification
- Marc MARQUEZ Honda (SPA): 321 points
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati (ITA): 245 points
- Valentino ROSSI Yamaha (ITA): 198 points
- Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha (SPA): 193 points
- Alex RINS Suzuki (SPA): 169 points
- Johann ZARCO Yamaha (FRA): 158 points
- Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda (GBR): 148 points
- Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati (ITA): 144 points
- Jorge LORENZO Ducati (SPA): 134 points
- Andrea IANNONE Suzuki (ITA): 133 points
- Dani PEDROSA Honda (SPA): 117 points
- Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati (SPA): 105 points
- Jack MILLER Ducati (AUS): 91 points
- Pol ESPARGARO KTM (SPA): 51 points
- Franco MORBIDELLI Honda (ITA): 50 points
- Hafizh SYAHRIN Yamaha (MAL): 46 points
- Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia (SPA): 44 points
- Bradley SMITH KTM (GBR): 38 points
- Tito RABAT Ducati (SPA): 35 points
- Takaaki NAKAGAMI Honda (JPN): 33 points
- Scott REDDING Aprilia (GBR): 20 points
- Michele PIRRO Ducati (ITA): 14 points
- Karel ABRAHAM Ducati (CZE): 12 points
- Stefan BRADL Honda (GER): 10 points
- Mika KALLIO KTM (FIN): 6 points
- Katsuyuki NAKASUGA Yamaha (JPN): 2 points
- Xavier SIMEON Ducati (BEL): 1 point
- Jordi TORRES Ducati (SPA): 1 point
- Thomas LUTHI Honda (SWI)
- Mike JONES Ducati (AUS)
- Sylvain GUINTOLI Suzuki (FRA)
- Christophe PONSSON Ducati (FRA)
#GERMANGP RACE 2019 MotoGP German GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez disgusts the competition before the 2019 MotoGP summer break with a…
#ARGENTINAGP 2019 – RACE 2019 MotoGP Argentinian GP report and results (Marquez winner) Double blow for Marc Marquez at the Argentinian GP 2019: the…
#ARAGONGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Aragon GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez seals his 200th Grand Prix start with a fourth consecutive…
#SPANISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Spanish GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez erases his bitter retirement from the previous race in Texas with…
#AUSTRIANGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Austrian GP report and results (winner Dovizioso) Marc Marquez took off his Honda to put an end to the Ducati’s…
#QATARGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Qatar Grand Prix report and results (winner Dovizioso) We take the same ones and start over: Andrea Dovizioso and Marc…
#AMERICASGP 2019 – RACE 2019 MotoGP Americas GP report and results (winner Rins) Alex Rins won his first MotoGP victory at 23 on the Circuit Of The…
#SANMARINOGP RACE 2019 MotoGP San Marino GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez wins his 77th Grand Prix race – his 51st MotoGP – after…
#CZECHGP RACE MotoGP Czech Republic GP Report and Results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez won his 50th MotoGP victory at the 2019 Czech Republic GP at just…
#MALAYSIANGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and results (Viñales winner) Maverick Viñales takes his second victory this season thanks to a…