MONTMELO – RACE
Catalonia MotoGP 2018 GP report and results (Lorenzo winner)
Jorge Lorenzo caused a sensation on the Montmelo circuit where the future Honda official rider took his second victory in a row over the Ducati. The Mallorcan, who qualified on pole for the 2018 Catalan GP, has completely forgotten Marc Marquez and Valentino Rossi while Andrea Dovizioso records his third white result of the 2018 MotoGP season…
"I am very happy that Jorge finally manages to achieve these victories", rejoices Gigi of All Igna at the arrival of the GP of Catalonia, he who convinced Ducati to hire Lorenzo in 2017. "Gigi did not have me. trusts 100% ", regrets for his part the Mallorcan who claims to have repeatedly expressed the same requests to the person in charge of the development of Desmosedici !
- MNC of June 16, 2018:
- MNC file:
- MNC of June 6, 2018 :
And with his, after the one in Italy, "Loren-Show" shines: "it’s incredible how things can change in a very short time", he rejoices, repeating how the changes made to the tank of his Ducati have changed the game.
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
Now less tired by his motorcycle, Lorenzo explains that he is finally able to lead the sulphurous Italian to its limits, and this over the length of a race. Demonstration made for the second time ahead of Marquez and Rossi, with this clear and flawless victory in Catalonia from where he started on pole for the first time at Ducati !
This success – his 67th in Grands Prix, including 46 in MotoGP – comes as his teammate commits his second direct fault after the French GP: by trying to keep pace with Lorenzo and Marquez. That is already three white results with his collision in Jerez with Pedrosa and Lorenzo. What a contrast to last season for the n ° 4, who won the 2017 Italian and Catalan Grands Prix !
This year, it is his neighbor box leaving for the HRC who achieves this double while and downgrades to the provisional classification. Little consolation for Andrea Dovizioso: the 2018 season, trapped by the new asphalt of the Montmelo circuit! Without counting Tito Rabat !
Third podium in a row for Valentino Rossi
Jorge Lorenzo won the race 4.479 seconds ahead of Marc Marquez, who let go when the gap exceeded two seconds. Intelligent, the defending champion secured second place behind a driver for the moment not very dangerous in the championship (Lorenzo, 10th before the race, climbs up to 7th place in the provisional). Note that 49 points still separate the two future HRC teammates, the equivalent of two victories.
Hammer it home !
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
The third place on the podium of the GP of Catalonia 2018 goes to Valentino Rossi: the Doctor passes under the checkered flag with 6.098 seconds behind the n ° 99, which returns to his dear "Hammer" mode. The genius of the mountain pastures is once again the first Yamaha rider to arrive, far ahead of Maverick Viñales (6th at 10.798 sec) and Johann Zarco (7th at 13.432 sec).
Rossi won his third consecutive podium after Le Mans and then Mugello, a good dynamic only marred by the fact that each time he was pushed back to the third step. Note that the nine-time world champion was also whistled by Catalan fans, barely less up against the Italian star than against Lorenzo and Marquez! Astonishing – and distressing – scene…
The results of the championship
Thanks to his second place behind Lorenzo, Marc Marquez retains the leadership in the provisional standings with 115 points. The defending champion – relatively cautious in Catalonia following his fall in Italy – has a 27-step lead over Valentino Rossi, who consolidates his second position in the championship with 88 points.
The n ° 46 precedes his teammate Maverick Viñales, who is in third place in the championship even though his last podium was … at the GP of the Americas in Austin, already four races outside the Top 3. But if "Mack" struggles to shine, he also avoids mistakes, unlike his rivals for the title.
Starting with Andrea Dovizioso, who fell to 8th place in the standings following. Here he is tied on points with … Jorge Lorenzo (66 points)! The Mallorcan signs an astounding recovery with his 50 points registered in two races, thus validating the observation made by his former teammate: "to remove Lorenzo from the title race would be stupid in my opinion", foresaw Rossi on his arrival in Catalonia.
Nightmare for! He’s crashed out of third!
His Championship challenge takes another hit!
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
Johann Zarco appears for his part in 4th place in the provisional classification with 73 points scored, four lengths less than Viñales on the official Yamaha. Since his fall at Le Mans (72), the Tech3 driver has struggled to reproduce his performances at the start of the season and has not been on the podium since his second place in Jerez…
Another disappointment for the tricolor clan with the in the third round, while the Drômois installed in England benefited from his first wild card of the year in Grand Prix at Suzuki.
To be continued from tomorrow on MNC with the statements of the pilots and the analysis of the editorial staff: stay connected !
MotoGP Catalonia Grand Prix 2018 results
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Ducati Team (Ducati) 40’13.566
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team (Honda) +4.479
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (Yamaha) +6.098
- 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda CASTROL (Honda) +9.805
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team (Honda) +10.640
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (Yamaha) +10.798
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (Yamaha) +13.432
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Alma Pramac Racing (Ducati) +15.055
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Angel Nieto Team (Ducati) +22.057
- 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR (Suzuki) +24.141
- 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (KTM) +36.560
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini (Aprilia) +38.229
- 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Angel Nieto Team (Ducati) + 1’21.526
- 21 Franco MORBIDELLI ITA EG 0,0 Marc VDS (Honda) +3 laps
- 55 Hafizh SYAHRIN MAL Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (Yamaha) 4 laps
- 53 Tito RABAT SPA Reale Avintia Racing (Ducati) 6 laps
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS Alma Pramac Racing (Ducati) 7 laps
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (KTM) 11 laps
- 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI JPN LCR Honda IDEMITSU (Honda) 11 laps
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR (Suzuki) 13 laps
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team (Ducati) 16 laps
- 10 Xavier SIMEON BEL Reale Avintia Racing (Ducati) 17 laps
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini (Aprilia) 20 laps
- 12 Thomas LUTHI SWI EG 0,0 Marc VDS (Honda) 21 laps
- 50 Sylvain GUINTOLI FRA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR (Suzuki) 22 laps
Did not pass the 1st round
- 36 Mika KALLIO FIN Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (KTM)
Provisional MotoGP classification 2018 after the GP of Catalonia
- Marc MARQUEZ (Honda) SPA (115 points)
- Valentino ROSSI (Yamaha) ITA (88 points)
- Maverick VIÑALES (Yamaha) SPA (77 points)
- Johann ZARCO (Yamaha) FRA (73 points)
- Danilo PETRUCCI (Ducati) ITA (71 points)
- Cal CRUTCHLOW (Honda) GBR (69 points)
- Jorge LORENZO (Ducati) SPA (66 points)
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO (Ducati) ITA (66 points)
- Andrea IANNONE (Suzuki) ITA (66 points)
- Jack MILLER (Ducati) AUS (49 points)
- Dani PEDROSA (Honda) SPA (40 points)
- Alex RINS (Suzuki) SPA (33 points)
- Pol ESPARGARO (KTM) SPA (28 points)
- Tito RABAT (Ducati) SPA (27 points)
- Alvaro BAUTISTA (Ducati) SPA (26 points)
- Franco MORBIDELLI (Honda) ITA (19 points)
- Hafizh SYAHRIN (Yamaha) MAL (17 points)
- Aleix ESPARGARO (Aprilia) SPA (13 points)
- Takaaki NAKAGAMI (Honda) JPN (10 points)
- Scott REDDING (Aprilia) GBR (9 points)
- Bradley SMITH (KTM) GBR (7 points)
- Mika KALLIO (KTM) FIN (6 points)
- Karel ABRAHAM (Ducati) CZE (4 points)
- Thomas LUTHI (Honda) SWI
- Xavier SIMEON (Ducati) BEL
- Sylvain GUINTOLI (Suzuki wild card) FRA
#ARGENTINAGP 2019 – RACE 2019 MotoGP Argentinian GP report and results (Marquez winner) Double blow for Marc Marquez at the Argentinian GP 2019: the…
#AUSTRIANGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Austrian GP report and results (winner Dovizioso) Marc Marquez took off his Honda to put an end to the Ducati’s…
#MALAYSIANGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and results (Viñales winner) Maverick Viñales takes his second victory this season thanks to a…
#BRITISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP British GP report and results (Rins winner) Below everything last year – canceled due to downpour, what the flute? -, the…
#CATALANGP RACE 2019 Catalan GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez wins his fourth success of the 2019 MotoGP season after a Grand Prix of…
MOTOGP SACHSENRING RACE 2017 MotoGP German GP report and results Marc Marquez takes the lead of the 2017 MotoGP championship at the Sachsenring thanks to…
SACHSENRING – RACE Report and results of the 2018 German GP (Marquez winner) The proof by nine. Lap record in qualifying, fastest lap in the race and…
#QATARGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Qatar Grand Prix report and results (winner Dovizioso) We take the same ones and start over: Andrea Dovizioso and Marc…
#AMERICASGP 2019 – RACE 2019 MotoGP Americas GP report and results (winner Rins) Alex Rins won his first MotoGP victory at 23 on the Circuit Of The…
#SANMARINOGP RACE 2019 MotoGP San Marino GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez wins his 77th Grand Prix race – his 51st MotoGP – after…