RACE – MISANO
Report and results of the GP of San Marino 2018 (Dovizioso winner)
An Italian rider on an Italian motorcycle winner at Misano: Andrea Dovizioso regales the tifosis at the GP of San Marino 2018 on his Ducati in front of the Honda of Marquez and Crutchlow! A great consolation for the public, a little frustrated to see the local star Valentino Rossi finish in a distant 7th place.
Ducati came as a favorite on the Misano circuit, with two consecutive victories in the last two races: Dovizioso in the Czech Republic, then Lorenzo in Austria. The Mallorcan had the biggest "odds" after his record pole, which he did not fail to transform into a holeshot at the start of the race.
- MNC Live –
- MNC of September 8, 2018:
- MNC of September 7, 2018 :
But "Dovi", qualified 4th, was quick to come back to his teammate for him. While the Italian escaped in front of his audience, Lorenzo battled fiercely with Marc Marquez who had decided to stick to the Ducatis he considered favorites for the win.
"My goal was to finish second: I was ready to follow the Ducatis thanks to the tests carried out here," said Marquez, who fought like hell in the last five laps with his future teammate at HRC. This very intense battle played in favor of "Dovi", nose in the bubble and with the free field towards victory..
Then, two laps from the finish, Lorenzo asked too much at the front of his Ducati and ended up in the gravel: Marquez was not waiting so long to get back the second place he wanted! The defending champion finishes 2.8 seconds behind Andrea Dovizioso, winner for the first time in Misano.
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
"I didn’t necessarily consider myself a favorite, but I knew I could be fast", comments Dovizioso who brings Ducati back to victory in Misano for the first time since Stoner in 2007! The Rouge brand is currently on the rise with its three straight victories: we have to go back to 2008 to find the trace of such a Ducati "hat-trick".
"Jorge was threatening because he was very quick, as was Marc", continues "Dovi", who was able to recover at the end of the race when Lorenzo tried to accelerate. "I am very happy to have managed to win at home on a circuit where I had never won!"
- MNC Live –
- MNC Live –
Andrea Dovizioso, penalized in the standings by his three white results, scored his third success of the season after Qatar and the Czech Republic. The n ° 4 climbs his counter to eleven MotoGP victories and equalizes the score of Lorenzo: the two teammates have each distinguished themselves three times this year, underlining the competitiveness of the Desmosedici.
Transparent Yamaha in San Marino…
Lorenzo’s fall also benefits Cal Crutchlow, second Honda rider on the San Marino podium. The Briton, author of a solo race about ten seconds from the lead, enjoys champagne for the first time since his victory at the start of the season in Argentina, on the land of his LCR team to not spoil anything !
The moment disaster struck for
The pole man crashed out with two laps remaining in Misano | VIDEO
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
Alex Rins, 4th at 14.687 sec, had a solid race on the Suzuki, setting a pace fast enough to keep out of reach of Maverick Viñales, lacking speed on the official M1. Rins also finished far ahead of his teammate Andrea Iannone, only 8th in front of his home crowd more than 20 seconds from the winner.
Dani Pedrosa, anonymous 11th on the grid, partially managed to straighten the bar to climb up to 6th position in the race. The Catalan – strongly expected to become a test driver at KTM in 2019 – precedes the "local hero": Valentino Rossi, whose village of Tavullia is located 13 km from the Misano circuit.
The Doctor finished 7th in front of his hordes of fans, in the same position as on the starting grid … This stagnation was cruelly illustrated during the 27 laps: n ° 46 never managed to transcend as he does. often does on Sundays, managing to compensate for weaknesses by his aggressiveness in the race.
Not what The Doctor ordered!
Tough race for in Misano
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
Passed by Rins then Pedrosa, the Doctor with his "Back to Misano" helmet decoration finished 19.086 sec from the winner. A missed appointment for n ° 46, forced to forfeit last year in Misano following his double fracture contracted during enduro training. The pill is all the harder to swallow as the Factory Yamaha team had carried out tests in Misano, like Honda.
The disillusions of the Yamaha clan also extend to Johann Zarco, 10th at the finish at … 27.559 sec from Dovizioso. A real slap in the face for the French – 9th on the grid -, who still cherished the hope of entering the Top 5. But since his fall at the French GP, the future KTM rider has not done better than 7th in the race: far from his initial ambitions to win podiums, even victory.
Tech3 will find no consolation with its second pilot, Hafizh Syarhin, completely transparent throughout the weekend. The young Malaysian beginner finished a distant 19th place at 55 seconds, despite the soap passed by his boss Hervé Poncharal after his disappointing qualifications.
The results of the 2018 world championship
Mission accomplished for Marc Marquez, who continues his harvest of – big – points by reaching his goal of second place in San Marino. The operation of the title holder is all the more successful as the winner, Andrea Dovizioso, is not yet a threat: even if Dovi climbs back to second place thanks to his victory, he is 67 points behind the n ° 93.
Great podium in for! P2 to extend points lead to 67 points over new runner-up and today’s GP winner
– Repsol Honda Team (@HRC_MotoGP)
Valentino Rossi fell one position in the standings following this disappointment at Misano. But in reality, the evil is deeper for the Doctor and Yamaha: impossible to run for the title and the places of honor with a motorcycle in need of success for more than a year! "Valentino will start winning again when the Yamaha allows it," said Luca Cadalora, "track" coach of the nine-time world champion.
Jorge Lorenzo moved from third to fourth place in the provisional because of his white result in San Marino: the Mallorcan found himself six short lengths from Viñales, 5th ahead of Crutchlow. Seventh, Johann Zarco takes advantage of this to pass him back in the championship.
For beginners, Franco Morbidelli – future rider of the new Yamaha Petronas-SIC team alongside Quartararo – takes the reins of the "Rookies" classification with 16th position. The Italian-Brazilian takes advantage of the soft shot of Syarhin, so far dominating among the drivers who are playing their first season in the premier class.
Congratulations! You got back your rookie leadership in front of your local crowd at Misano World Circuit.
– Team EG 0,0 Marc VDS (@ TeamEG00MarcVDS)
Finally, note the 15th place of Michele Pirro, wild card for Ducati, and the fall of Stefan Bradl who benefited from a new invitation on a Honda. Pol Espargaro, back from injury, had to throw in the towel ten laps from the finish as Miller – qualified second – finished 18th after falling in the first laps.
Xavier Simeon also made a mistake on Tito Rabat’s Ducati Avinitia GP17, whose handlebars he recovered in the absence of the Spaniard, who suffered a serious leg injury at Silverstone. Rabat replacement, Christophe Ponsson, finished his first MotoGP race almost two minutes from the winner. Unsurprisingly, the young Frenchman had to step aside to let the leaders pass him who stuck a lap on him..
Results and standings of the San Marino MotoGP 2018 GP
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati (42’05.426)
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda (+2.822)
- 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda CASTROL Honda (+7.269)
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki (+14.687)
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha (+16.016)
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda (+17.408)
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha (+19.086)
- 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki (+21.804)
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Angel Nieto Team Ducati (+23.919)
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha (+27.559)
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Alma Pramac Racing Ducati (+30.698)
- 21 Franco MORBIDELLI ITA EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda (+32.941)
- 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI JPN LCR Honda IDEMITSU Honda (+33.461)
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia (+35.686)
- 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ducati Team Ducati (+35.812)
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM (+46.500)
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Ducati Team Ducati (+46.614)
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS Alma Pramac Racing Ducati (+50.593)
- 55 Hafizh SYAHRIN MAL Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha (+55.168)
- 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Angel Nieto Team Ducati (+ 1’02.255)
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia (+ 1’09.475)
- 12 Thomas LUTHI SWI EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda (+ 1’12.608)
- 23 Christophe PONSSON FRA Reale Avintia Racing Ducati (+1 lap)
MotoGP 2018 ranking after the San Marino GP
- Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA (221 points)
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA (154 points)
- Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA (151 points)
- Jorge LORENZO Ducati SPA (130 points)
- Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha SPA (124 points)
- Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR (119 points)
- Johann ZARCO Yamaha FRA (110 points)
- Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA (110 points)
- Andrea IANNONE Suzuki ITA (92 points)
- Alex RINS Suzuki SPA (79 points)
- Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA (76 points)
- Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati SPA (64 points)
- Jack MILLER Ducati AUS (61 points)
- Tito RABAT Ducati SPA (35 points)
- Pol ESPARGARO KTM SPA (32 points)
- Franco MORBIDELLI Honda ITA (26 points)
- Hafizh SYAHRIN Yamaha MAL (24 points)
- Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia SPA (19 points)
- Bradley SMITH KTM GBR (15 points)
- Takaaki NAKAGAMI Honda JPN (14 points)
- Scott REDDING Aprilia GBR (12 points)
- Mika KALLIO KTM FIN (6 points)
- Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE (4 points)
- Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA (1 point)
- Thomas LUTHI Honda SWI
- Stefan BRADL Honda GER
- Xavier SIMEON Ducati BEL
- Sylvain GUINTOLI Suzuki FRA
- Christophe PONSSON Ducati FRA
SACHSENRING – RACE Report and results of the 2018 German GP (Marquez winner) The proof by nine. Lap record in qualifying, fastest lap in the race and…
#QATARGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Qatar Grand Prix report and results (winner Dovizioso) We take the same ones and start over: Andrea Dovizioso and Marc…
RACE – MUGELLO 2018 2018 MotoGP Italian GP report and results ( Lorenzo winner) Incredible Jorge Lorenzo! Mallorcan wins his first official Ducati race…
#ARGENTINAGP 2018 – RACE Argentine MotoGP GP report and results (Crutchlow winner) A completely crazy race! The 2018 Argentine Grand Prix will be…
ARAGÓN – RACE MotoGP Aragon GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez takes his sixth victory of the MotoGP 2018 season at the Grand Prix of…
RACE – AUSTIN 2018 MotoGP Americas GP report and results (Marquez winner) Like at the parade. Marc Marquez secures his sixth consecutive victory in…
RACE – VALENCIA 2018 MotoGP Valencia GP report and results (winner Dovizioso) Andrea Dovizioso has one last success in the MotoGP final on the Ricardo…
BURIRAM – RACE 2018 Thailand GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez snatched his seventh victory of the 2018 MotoGP season on the last…
SEPANG – RACE 2018 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez won his 44th MotoGP victory at Sepang , bringing his total of…
RACE – LE MANS 2018 MotoGP French GP report and results (Marquez winner) Three out of three. Marc Marquez wins his third MotoGP race in a row at Le Mans…