SEPANG – RACE
2018 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and results (Marquez winner)
Marc Marquez won his 44th MotoGP victory at Sepang, bringing his total of MotoGP wins to 70. This ninth success of the 2018 season locks the obtaining of the constructor title for Honda during this Malaysian Grand Prix, also marked by the fall of Rossi at the head of the race….
Valentino Rossi grazed it with the glove, this victory which has been denied to him since. Gone with a bang, the Doctor gave himself the means to make lie his despisers who announced his decline last Sunday…
- GP of Malasia:
- Malaysian GP –
- MNC special file :
"It’s always the same when I don’t win for a long time," Rossi said annoyed about criticism of his laborious 6th place in (won by his team-mate Viñales). At 39, the Italian is far from having said his last word and intends to prove it !
Stung to the quick, Rossi therefore applied himself to remembering everyone’s good memories and seemed well on his way to breaking the spiral of defeats he has suffered for a year and a half in turn. The n ° 46 thus managed to maintain for a long time until, very quickly recovered from its 7th place on the grid..
"I had a problem with the and I was not totally at ease," explains the Honda rider, who qualified on pole then for having hampered Iannone. "Then the situation improved and I was able to attack more to come back", reveals the n ° 93 whose rescue carried out in the first round – ironically – !
is down and out! has a massive moment in front of him and the Italian slides out!
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
But Rossi, panned by Marquez’s return, suddenly got laps into turn n ° 1! The pressure exerted from a distance by Marquez, associated with a certain feverishness from the Doctor, finally sounded the death knell for the hopes of success of the nine-time world champion, 18th at the finish…
No Rossi-Marquez revenge, but a nice compliment from Lorenzo
Marc Marquez without having had to cross swords with his "old friend" Valentino Rossi, depriving the 103,000 spectators in the stands of a duel which could have been particularly thrilling at the very place of, this famous episode from 2015 to the origin of the dispute between the two men…
The genius of the mountain pastures, naturally disappointed, has nothing to be ashamed of: even his former teammate Jorge Lorenzo says he is impressed by his pace and especially his consistency: "more than ten laps in just a tenth on the longest track and the hottest in the championship … And to think that some say that he is starting to show his age after his last race ", congratulates" Jorgeuil "as a connoisseur, who assures that he" never saw Rossi so constant "before his fall.
Apart from the crash, I’ve never seen so consistent. More than 10 laps in just 1 tenth at the hottest and longest track impressed me today. And some said he started too feel his age after last race…
– Jorge Lorenzo (@ lorenzo99)
Second at 1.898 sec, Alex Rins gave Suzuki a new podium after a superb comeback which led him into Johann Zarco’s exhaust during the last lap. The n ° 42, formidable finisher, managed to overtake the Tech3 driver in the final sequences, taking advantage of the best traction of his GSX-RR.
Zarco beaten on the wire by Rins
"I am very happy to be on the podium," however rejoices Johann Zarco, who in a good way erases his heavy fall last Sunday in Australia. "I made some mistakes at the start of the race, then I found it more and more difficult to maintain the grip and I couldn’t resist Rins’ return".
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
The French driver can actually bulge his chest: he is back on the podium for the first time since the Spanish GP in Jerez in May. Or six months without enjoying champagne on the MotoGP "cash register" !
Johann Zarco gets the same result as last year at Sepang, when he finished third behind Dovizioso and Lorenzo in the rain. The future KTM rider repeats this performance in the dry, in front of the official Yamaha of Maverick Viñales to not spoil anything !
The Spaniard too often lacked consistency at the start of the race, before tackling a very good comeback. "Mack" finished fourth at 4.667 sec ahead of Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso, victorious at Sepang the two previous editions.
Syahrin’s Tears !
The author of the most impressive comeback of this 2018 Malaysian Grand Prix is not Viñales, but another Yamaha rider: the young Hafizh Syahrin, 23rd on the starting grid and astounding 10th at the finish !
What a moment and what a ride by
The local hero does his fans proud with an impressive Top 10 after starting at the back of the grid
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
The 24-year-old Malaysian rider is recovering beautifully from a bad start on Saturday night, after he qualified in last place in his national race in wet conditions that are usually favorable to him..
It is an understatement to say that the No. 55 was disappointed with this mediocre performance, he who is aptly nicknamed "The Fish" or "Pescao" (the fish) because of his skill in the wet. Overwhelmed by emotion, Syahrin will even shed a few tears just before the start, while his many supporters sing the national anthem..
Almost 41 minutes later, after completing 20 laps and exactly 110.86 km at full speed on his private M1, his eyes are wet again … But this time, it is joy and pride that overwhelms Hafizh Syarhin: the beginner signs his third entry in the Top 10, after his 9th place in Argentina and his 10th place in Japan !
Thanks to his new victory, Marc Marquez offers his employer his 24th "Manufacturer" title in the premier category: the winged crest is now 54 points ahead of Ducati and 92 over Yamaha. Honda can therefore no longer be joined since there is only one race left in mid-November in Valencia (Spain).
And here comes win number 70 for Another nice round number to take a record 24th Premier Class Constructors Title for Honda!!!!
– Repsol Honda Team (@HRC_MotoGP)
Andrea Dovizioso, for his part, took advantage of the fall of Valentino Rossi to secure second place in the driver standings, with 25 steps ahead of his compatriot. Even if Rossi won in Valencia, "Dovi" would keep the 2nd tied on points with the No.46 as he has won more races (three so far).
The stake for the unfortunate Yamaha rider will now be to counter the threat of his teammate Viñales, who is only two small points behind Rossi … The fight for third place overall promises to be interesting to follow between the two officials. Yamaha in the final on the Ricardo Tormo !
Another front rooooow
– Monster Yamaha Tech3 (@ Tech3Racing)
Another match to follow closely on MNC: the one that will not fail to oppose Alex Rins and Johann Zarco, currently tied on points (149) for 5th and 6th places! The Suzuki rider takes advantage of his 3rd place in Japan and his 2nd place in Malaysia to achieve a big blow in the championship.
Alex Rins thus moved from 10th to 5th place in the standings, helped by the fall of Iannone and the forfeits of Crutchlow and Lorenzo in Malaysia. Zarco, who follows him, takes the lead in the standings of independent drivers, with one point ahead of Crutchlow and 5 over Petrucci, ninth at Sepang.
MotoGP Malaysian GP 2018 results
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team (Honda) 40’32.372
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR (Suzuki) +1.898
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (Yamaha) +2.474
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (Yamaha) +4.667
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team (Honda) +6.190
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team (Ducati) +11.248
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Angel Nieto Team (Ducati) +15.611
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS Alma Pramac Racing (Ducati) +19.009
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Alma Pramac Racing (Ducati) +22.921
- 55 Hafizh SYAHRIN MAL Monster Yamaha Tech 3 (Yamaha) +26.919
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini (Aprilia) +29.503
- 21 Franco MORBIDELLI ITA EG 0,0 Marc VDS (Honda) +30.933
- 6 Stefan BRADL GER LCR Honda CASTROL (Honda) +35.322
- 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI JPN LCR Honda IDEMITSU (Honda) +37.912
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing (KTM) +39.675
- 12 Thomas LUTHI SWI EG 0,0 Marc VDS (Honda) +41.820
- 10 Xavier SIMEON BEL Reale Avintia Racing (Ducati) +43.978
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (Yamaha) +58.288
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini (Aprilia) + 1’00.191
Provisional MotoGP classification 2018
- Marc MARQUEZ Honda (SPA): 321 points
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati (ITA): 220 points
- Valentino ROSSI Yamaha (ITA): 195 points
- Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha (SPA): 193 points
- Alex RINS Suzuki (SPA): 149 points
- Johann ZARCO Yamaha (FRA): 149 points
- Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda (GBR): 148 points
- Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati (ITA): 144 points
- Andrea IANNONE Suzuki (ITA): 133 points
- Jorge LORENZO Ducati (SPA): 130 points
- Dani PEDROSA Honda (SPA): 106 points
- Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati (SPA): 105 points
- Jack MILLER Ducati (AUS): 91 points
- Franco MORBIDELLI Honda (ITA): 50 points
- Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia (SPA): 44 points
- Hafizh SYAHRIN Yamaha (MAL): 40 points
- Tito RABAT Ducati (SPA): 35 points
- Pol ESPARGARO KTM (SPA): 35 points
- Bradley SMITH KTM (GBR): 30 points
- Takaaki NAKAGAMI Honda (JPN): 23 points
- Scott REDDING Aprilia (GBR): 15 points
- Karel ABRAHAM Ducati (CZE): 10 points
- Mika KALLIO KTM (FIN): 6 points
- Stefan BRADL Honda (GER): 3 points
- Katsuyuki NAKASUGA Yamaha (JPN): 2 points
- Xavier SIMEON Ducati (BEL): 1 point
- Michele PIRRO Ducati (ITA): 1 point
- Thomas LUTHI Honda (SWI)
- Jordi TORRES Ducati (SPA)
- Mike JONES Ducati (AUS)
- Sylvain GUINTOLI Suzuki (FRA)
- Christophe PONSSON Ducati (FRA)
#GERMANGP RACE 2019 MotoGP German GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez disgusts the competition before the 2019 MotoGP summer break with a…
#ARGENTINAGP 2019 – RACE 2019 MotoGP Argentinian GP report and results (Marquez winner) Double blow for Marc Marquez at the Argentinian GP 2019: the…
#ARAGONGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Aragon GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez seals his 200th Grand Prix start with a fourth consecutive…
#SPANISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Spanish GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez erases his bitter retirement from the previous race in Texas with…
#AUSTRIANGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Austrian GP report and results (winner Dovizioso) Marc Marquez took off his Honda to put an end to the Ducati’s…
#SANMARINOGP RACE 2019 MotoGP San Marino GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez wins his 77th Grand Prix race – his 51st MotoGP – after…
#CZECHGP RACE MotoGP Czech Republic GP Report and Results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez won his 50th MotoGP victory at the 2019 Czech Republic GP at just…
#MALAYSIANGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and results (Viñales winner) Maverick Viñales takes his second victory this season thanks to a…
#BRITISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP British GP report and results (Rins winner) Below everything last year – canceled due to downpour, what the flute? -, the…
#FRENCHGP RACE Report and results of the 2019 French Motorcycle GP (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez remains on his winning streak at Le Mans (72) with a…