ASSEN MOTOGP RACE
2017 MotoGP Dutch Grand Prix report and results
Valentino Rossi is back on the top step of the MotoGP podium! A year after his last Barcelona victory, the 38-year-old Italian returns to success in a twisty 2017 Dutch Grand Prix.
One year and 20 days: this is the length of time that separated Valentino Rossi from his last MotoGP victory – signed in Barcelona – before being released during the Dutch GP 2017! The only Championship Top 5 driver yet to win this season, the Doctor turned the tide at Assen after an extraordinary race and twists and turns.
- MNC Live –
- MNC Live –
- MNC Live –
- MNC Live –
Started in the dry, this 8th MotoGP round was first led for 10 laps by Johann Zarco, who started from pole on soft tires. The Frenchman was then caught up and passed by a Rossi of the great days, who took the time to examine the conditions before putting in his effort. Overtaken by the official Yamaha, Zarco nonetheless sought to resist it with a little too much ardor: the leather of n ° 46 bears the scars. !
“I don’t think he’s a bad guy, but Johann has to pay attention to the distances between the bikes during maneuvers,” Valentino Rossi recalls at the finish, showing – with a smile – the tire mark of the M1 Tech3 on the back of his suit.
Race to forget for Zarco, Tech3… and Viñales !
A race to be forgotten for Johann Zarco, who then returned to the pits too early to change motorcycles when a few drops of rain began to come in. Not keeping pace with his grooved tires on a still dry track, the Tech3 rider then had to idle through the pit lane again due to speeding in the pit lane. Johann finished 14th, his worst result since his debut.
- MNC Live –
At the finish line, Hervé Poncharal’s disappointment was all the more keen as his second driver, Jonas Folger, recorded his first white result: the German was so far the only driver to have scored points in each race. Yamaha has another disappointment, even sharper: the fall of Maverick Viñales, who lost front before the arrival of the small downpour…
- MNC Live –
In these stressful conditions, Valentino Rossi found himself fighting at loggerheads with Danilo Petrucci, very much at ease in his Ducati Pramac. The young Iltalian will finally have to be content with second place after being overtaken on the last lap by the n ° 46, in conditions which left him hungry …
- MNC Live –
“I’m happy to finish second, of course, but Barbera hampered me when we caught up with him on the penultimate lap while I was leading, then it was mostly Alex Rins who slowed me down on the last one. tower. Rins should have stepped aside to let us pass, ”regrets the No.9, very upset against the young Spaniard who is about his return to the Suzuki after three races forfeit due to injury.
20 years and 313 days of success for Rossi !
More skilful to navigate towards victory, Valentino Rossi won his tenth success at Assen, bringing his balance to 89 victories in the premier class and 115 in all categories! The n ° 46 also becomes the fifth winner of the 2017 season and is especially credited with the longest victorious career in GP: it is 20 years and 313 days that "Vale" has won races in the world championship. !
Not unhappy with his podium, Marc Marquez is aware of the importance of having scored the – big – points for third place on his official Honda. This podium, the n ° 93 gave himself the means to get it in front of Crutchlow and Dovizioso, very incisive at the end of the race..
Other losers in this race also include Dani Pedrosa, 13th over a minute away and Jorge Lorenzo, 15th one lap behind the winner. The underperformance is all the more frustrating for the Mallorcan as his teammate finished in 5th position one tenth off the podium and Petrucci contested the victory at Rossi in his private GP17 !
The results of the championship
Following the fall of Viñales, his second with that in Austin, Andrea Dovizioso recovers the reins of the provisional championship with 115 points against 111 for the official Yamaha. Since Casey Stoner, a Ducati rider has never led in the standings: superb performance for “DesmoDovi”, solid 5th in Assen after his two straight wins in Italy and then in Catalonia !
Valentino Rossi, for his part, took advantage of his victory to return to third place in the provisional position, 7 points behind the leader and 4 lengths ahead of Marc Marquez, fourth ahead of Dani Pedrosa. As the season nears its half, the top four drivers stand by 11 points! Johann Zarco retains his 6th place in the standings, but sees Petrucci return to 15 pts.
2017 Dutch MotoGP Grand Prix results and standings
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 41’41.149
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA OCTO Pramac Racing Ducati +0.063
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda +5.201
- 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda Honda +5.243
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati +5.327
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda +23.390
- 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Pull & Bear Aspar Team Ducati +36.982
- 76 Loris BAZ FRA Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +37.058
- 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki +37.166
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia + 1’01.929
- 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM + 1’09.384
- 53 Tito RABAT SPA EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda + 1’10.121
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda + 1’10.344
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha + 1’35.655
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Ducati Team Ducati 1 lap
- 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Reale Avintia Racing Ducati 1 lap
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki 1 lap
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR OCTO Pramac Racing Ducati 167.7 2 laps
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Pull & Bear Aspar Team Ducati 170.8 9 laps
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM 167.3 13 laps
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 170.6 15 laps
- 94 Jonas FOLGER GER Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha 168.3 17 laps
- 22 Sam LOWES GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia 168.3 18 laps
Provisional classification of the 2017 MotoGP World Championship
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 115 points
- Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha SPA 111 points
- Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 108 points
- Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 104 points
- Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 87 points
- Johann ZARCO Yamaha FRA 77 points
- Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA 62 points
- Jorge LORENZO Ducati SPA 60 points
- Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR 58 points
- Jonas FOLGER Yamaha GER 51 points
- Jack MILLER Honda AUS 40 points
- Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati SPA 34 points
- Scott REDDING Ducati GBR 33 points
- Loris BAZ Ducati FRA 31 points
- Andrea IANNONE Suzuki ITA 28 points
- Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia SPA 23 points
- Tito RABAT Honda SPA 23 points
- Hector BARBERA Ducati SPA 21 points
- Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE 20 points
- Pol ESPARGARO KTM SPA 11 points
- Alex RINS Suzuki SPA 7 points
- Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA 7 points
- Bradley SMITH KTM GBR 6 points
- Sam LOWES Aprilia GBR 2 points
- Sylvain GUINTOLI Suzuki FRA 1 point
- Takuya TSUDA Suzuki JPN
MOTOGP RACE – PHILLIP ISLAND 2017 MotoGP Australian GP report and standings Marc Marquez takes another big step towards his 4th MotoGP title thanks to…
ALCANIZ – MOTOGP RACE 2017 MotoGP Aragon GP report and standings Marc Marquez poses a serious option for the 2017 title by signing at the GP of Aragon a…
ARAGÓN – RACE MotoGP Aragon GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez takes his sixth victory of the MotoGP 2018 season at the Grand Prix of…
MOTOGP SACHSENRING RACE 2017 MotoGP German GP report and results Marc Marquez takes the lead of the 2017 MotoGP championship at the Sachsenring thanks to…
MOTOGP RACE – MISANO San Marino MotoGP 2017 GP report and standings Marc Marquez erases his big disappointment at Silverstone (engine failure) with a…
SEPANG – RACE 2018 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez won his 44th MotoGP victory at Sepang , bringing his total of…
RACE – LE MANS 2018 MotoGP French GP report and results (Marquez winner) Three out of three. Marc Marquez wins his third MotoGP race in a row at Le Mans…
MONTMELO – RACE Catalonia MotoGP 2018 GP report and results (Lorenzo winner) Jorge Lorenzo caused a sensation on the Montmelo circuit where the future…
MOTOGP CATALUNYA Catalonia MotoGP 2017 GP report and results It’s historic: Ducati records two consecutive victories in MotoGP for the first time since…
RACE – MUGELLO 2018 2018 MotoGP Italian GP report and results ( Lorenzo winner) Incredible Jorge Lorenzo! Mallorcan wins his first official Ducati race…