MotoGP 2018 Dutch GP report and results (Marquez winner)
The 2018 Dutch Grand Prix was breathtakingly beautiful with a dozen drivers who constantly pulled the plug in Assen, multiplying overtaking and light contacts.
Jorge Lorenzo, Marc Marquez, Andrea Dovizioso, Maverick Viñales and Valentino Rossi: these five riders took turns leading the 2018 Dutch Grand Prix, delivering one of the most beautiful MotoGP races since the memorable 2017 Australian Grand Prix and its incessant overtaking !
- Netherlands GP Qualifiers : Marquez on pole in extremis !
- MNC special file :
As soon as the lights went out, Marc Marquez immediately took a leadership position, a logical situation in view of his impressive race simulations during practice and his convincing pole position. But a certain Jorge Lorenzo comes quickly to put his two cents in, determined to try the "treble" after his victory in Italy and then in Catalonia. !
- GP of the Netherlands:
- GP of the Netherlands – Start :
Then it’s Andrea Dovisiozo’s turn to put on the leader’s costume of this very electric race, on which Valentino Rossi has big ambitions by staying in the Top 3. The Italian, the last winner of the Yamaha clan on this race. same circuit last year, has a lot to do with Alex Rins and Cal Crutchlow, while Vinales comes back strong from his 6th place on the grid.
Because this Dutch Grand Prix takes on the air of a giant fist, with braking tackled three abreast and trajectories that overlap at the risk of hanging on! The risk-taking is staggering, but the contacts ultimately quite light: Rossi involuntarily collides with Lorenzo, while Rins cup Marquez who recovers like a cat !
- GP of the Netherlandss:
- GP of the Netherlands:
Here’s what happens to your bike when hits it at nearly 200km / h
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
And yet, it does not calm the ardor: Viñales offers especially a superb spectacle to briefly climb to first place, as did his teammate Rossi. But the two Yamaha riders fail to retain the leadership, as the battle continues into the final three laps….
At this moment, Marc Marquez engages the overdrive and settles definitively in front while Lorenzo downgrades to 7th place. The defending champion provides the necessary effort to create a sufficient gap on the "pack" behind him, and to afford his 39th success in the premier class. Very nice demonstration of the know-how of n ° 93 !
"I worked very hard during practice to have a good rhythm and to counter the effects of the wind, very strong today," he commented. "In the race, I fought with everyone and I gave everything to win. It was a hell of a race!"
With this victory won by force of the wrist, Marc Marquez deals a big blow to his rivals: the HRC pilot demonstrates his ability to manage the fairing against fairing fight, then to escape as a boss. At present, no other pilot offers such versatility. Not to mention his incredible acrobatic gift !
Valentino Rossi is one of the last to have tried to resist Marquez’s breakaway, in vain: the Yamaha official even lost access to the podium on the last lap after going wide in a sequence. The Doctor then tried to resist Dovizioso whom he had just overtaken, but finally finished in 5th place while 2nd place was within his reach..
His team-mate Maverick Viñales also lost ground on the last lap: the n ° 25 was surprised in the last chicane by the very impressive Alex Rins, who took the second place that "Mack" thought he had locked. !
Rins has it in the stomach !
The n ° 42, the youngest MotoGP rider, signs his best result in the premier class: "it was a very difficult race, the most difficult of my life, because I had stomach pains since this morning. Mobile clinic helped me to overcome this. What an incredible spectacle! ", Rejoices the teammate of Iannone, distant 11th..
"I thought I would be able to win the race," said Viñales, who delivered a much more convincing performance, notably with a faster start-up. "But in any case I’m happy to be back at the forefront", underlines the Spaniard who takes his first podium since the GP of the Americas.
Finally, the biggest disillusionment of this 2018 Dutch GP is to be attributed to Dani Pedrosa, 15th at the finish line and completely transparent at Assen: the Catalan driver – qualified 18th – was never involved, as disturbed by the expected announcement of his signing in a private Yamaha team alongside Franco Morbidelli…
KTM appears in 12th place thanks to Pol Espargaro, who is still 15 seconds behind the leader. The Spaniard is ahead of Aleix Espargaro, who is not rewarded to the fair measure of his potential exposed during testing on the Aprilia. No.41 ahead of Scott Redding, who will be replaced next year by Iannone.
Hafizh Syahrin, 18th on M1 Tech3 n ° 55, is for his part the first beginner to finish in front of Nakagami and Lüthi, last classified at Assen. Recall that the Swiss teammate Franco Morbidelli had to throw in the towel in the Netherlands because of a fracture of the third metacarpal bone contracted during free practice.
This victory for Marquez in the Netherlands, his 4th this season and his 65th in the Grand Prix, durably reinforces his advantage at the top of the provisional classification: the Honda official increases his lead over Rossi from 27 to 41 points! His rivals may tremble because the next race takes place in mid-July in Germany, where Marquez has been undefeated in all categories since … 2010 !
WHAT A RACE, WHAT A RIDE! times his charge to perfection to streak away from the carnage behind!
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
Maverick Viñales, third in the provisional, takes a few lengths from his teammate: 93 against 99 points for Rossi, or six lengths between the two Yamaha riders. Note that Marquez is the only one to have already passed the 100 point mark after eight races (140), despite his white results in Argentina and Italy.
Johann Zarco retains fourth place in the standings 12 points behind Viñales and 59 behind Marquez. The French, slightly behind in Assen, finished 8th in the Netherlands: another frustrating race for the Tech3 driver, who has not managed to return to the Top 5 since his fall at Le Mans. His last podium was at the Spanish GP, four races without champagne…
Still, Johann Zarco finished first private rider behind seven official motorcycles: the Honda of Marquez, the Suzuki of Rins, the Yamaha of Viñales, the Ducati of Dovizioso, the Yamaha of Rossi, the Honda supported by the HRC of Crutchlow and the Desmosedici of Lorenzo. Cetains will judge that the n ° 5 is in the place that his satellite motorcycle can offer him…
MotoGP Dutch GP 2018 results
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda 41’13.863
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki +2.269
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +2.308
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team Ducati +2.422
- 46 Valentino ROSSI ITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha +2.963
- 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda CASTROL Honda +3.876
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Ducati Team Ducati +4.462
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha +7.001
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Angel Nieto Team Ducati +7.541
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS Alma Pramac Racing Ducati +13.056
- 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR Suzuki +14.255
- 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM +15.876
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia +15.986
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini Aprilia +16.019
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team Honda +16.043
- 53 Tito RABAT SPA Reale Avintia Racing Ducati +16.416
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing KTM +29.073
- 55 Hafizh SYAHRIN MAL Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Yamaha +33.824
- 30 Takaaki NAKAGAMI JPN LCR Honda IDEMITSU Honda +34.037
- 12 Thomas LUTHI SWI EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda +47.853
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA Alma Pramac Racing Ducati 9 laps
- 10 Xavier SIMEON BEL Reale Avintia Racing Ducati 9 laps
- 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Angel Nieto Team Ducati 15 laps
MotoGP 2018 provisional classification after the Dutch GP
- Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA (140 points)
- Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA (99 points)
- Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha SPA (93 points)
- Johann ZARCO Yamaha FRA (81 points)
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA (79 points)
- Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR (79 points)
- Jorge LORENZO Ducati SPA (75 points)
- Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA (71 points)
- Andrea IANNONE Suzuki ITA (71 points)
- Jack MILLER Ducati AUS (55 points)
- Alex RINS Suzuki SPA (53 points)
- Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA (41 points)
- Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati SPA (33 points)
- Pol ESPARGARO KTM SPA (32 points)
- Tito RABAT Ducati SPA (27 points)
- Franco MORBIDELLI Honda ITA (19 points)
- Hafizh SYAHRIN Yamaha MAL (17 points)
- Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia SPA (16 points)
- Scott REDDING Aprilia GBR (11 points)
- Takaaki NAKAGAMI Honda JPN (10 points)
- Bradley SMITH KTM GBR (7 points)
- Mika KALLIO KTM FIN (6 points)
- Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE (4 points)
- Thomas LUTHI Honda SWI
- Xavier SIMEON Ducati BEL
#GERMANGP RACE 2019 MotoGP German GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez disgusts the competition before the 2019 MotoGP summer break with a…
#ARGENTINAGP 2019 – RACE 2019 MotoGP Argentinian GP report and results (Marquez winner) Double blow for Marc Marquez at the Argentinian GP 2019: the…
#ARAGONGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Aragon GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez seals his 200th Grand Prix start with a fourth consecutive…
#SPANISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Spanish GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez erases his bitter retirement from the previous race in Texas with…
#AUSTRIANGP RACE 2019 MotoGP Austrian GP report and results (winner Dovizioso) Marc Marquez took off his Honda to put an end to the Ducati’s…
#SANMARINOGP RACE 2019 MotoGP San Marino GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez wins his 77th Grand Prix race – his 51st MotoGP – after…
#CZECHGP RACE MotoGP Czech Republic GP Report and Results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez won his 50th MotoGP victory at the 2019 Czech Republic GP at just…
#MALAYSIANGP – RACE 2019 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and results (Viñales winner) Maverick Viñales takes his second victory this season thanks to a…
#BRITISHGP RACE 2019 MotoGP British GP report and results (Rins winner) Below everything last year – canceled due to downpour, what the flute? -, the…
#FRENCHGP RACE Report and results of the 2019 French Motorcycle GP (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez remains on his winning streak at Le Mans (72) with a…