MOTOGP RACE – MISANO
San Marino MotoGP 2017 GP report and standings
Marc Marquez erases his big disappointment at Silverstone (engine failure) with a splendid victory in the wet at the 2017 San Marino GP on his Honda! The defending champion managed to get rid of the very solid Danilo Petrucci in his Ducati Pramac at the last minute, returning to equal points in the provisional MotoGP standings with Andrea Dovizioso !
Valentino Rossi may be absent from the San Marino GP because of his double fracture to his right leg, the crowd chants "Vale, Vale" during the podium ceremony! The public, largely committed to the cause of their local hero, only pays limited interest in Marc Marquez’s new victory at Misano, some even whistling the HRC pilot in memory of the "SepangClash"…
- MNC Live –
- MNC Live :
With a smile riveted on his face and as though sealed off from this somewhat mixed reception (at least on the surface …), the defending champion relishes with visible satisfaction his 59th victory in the Grand Prix, his 33rd in MotoGP. Marc Marquez can rejoice: this fourth victory of the season – signed on a soggy track – allows him to return to equal points with Andrea Dovizioso, third in this 13th round !
Tastes sweeter every time!
Cheers! , and
– MotoGP (@MotoGP)
Another reason for satisfaction for the n ° 93: he reasoned again when the circumstances required it, biding his time to attack the leader. "I told myself I had to be patient," said the HRC rider, second on the grid, who spent much of his race in the wake of Danilo Petrucci’s Ducati.
- MNC Live – GP of San Marino –
- San Marino GP:
Back in contact with the Italian in the last lap, the Spanish managed braking to dislodge "Petrux" from first place, setting the fastest time in the Grand Prix on his last lap. Clearly, the n ° 93 still had some under the elbow, even if his Honda had given him some good kicks in the acceleration. But these kicks, the "Matador of MotoGP" knows how to manage them, he who left four times at the fault during the tests by dint of playing with the limits !
"I was a little faster at the end and 5 more points that can be important in the championship", explains Marquez on arrival, happy to have managed to win in front of two particularly powerful Ducatis at home. !
Celebrating with the team the 59th win in career, 33rd in
– Repsol Honda Team (@HRC_MotoGP)
Danilo Petrucci obviously does not display the same enthusiasm despite his third appearance on the podium this season: "I dreamed of this victory", admits "Petrux" with an annoyance that is difficult to conceal. It must be said that the Italian touched the glove with this success in front of his own, after having led for a long time following the fall of Jorge Lorenzo.
- GP of San Marino:
- GP of San Marino –
The Mallorcan, who left like a cannonball when the fires were extinguished, was indeed one of the many pilots trapped by the wet conditions (slightly drying at the end): Tito Rabat, Sam Lowes, Aleix Espargaro and Hector Barbera finished this Italian round. in the gravel. Unfortunately, Loris Baz also counts in this list: the Haut-Savoyard – who was aiming for a splash in the wet – fell twice (!) And finished 16th.
Just ahead of "Baz-ooka", Johann Zarco recorded a particularly frustrating 15th position: the Frenchman, 7th on the last lap, crossed the finish line pushing his M1, victim of gasoline failure! The n ° 5 finished behind the Honda of Cal Crutchlow (13th after a crash) and Dani Pedrosa, in distress throughout the race (14th).
What a heroic effort from Zarco as he pushes his bike over the line!
He still finished in the points
– MotoGP ™ (@MotoGP)
The results of the MotoGP championship
In the championship, Marc Marquez and Andrea Dovizioso are tied for first place with 199 points. You said ?! The two men also share the same number of victories (4), against three for Maverick Viñales who is third at 16 points following this fourth place in Misano. A fourth position necessarily disappointing for "Mack", who was looking for victory in the dry after his pole position. But the lack of grip on the left side of its rear rain tire disrupted its objectives.
– MotoGP ™ (@MotoGP)
Due to Pedrosa’s poor performance (only 2 points scored at Misano), Valentino Rossi retains 4th place in the provisional with 7 lengths ahead of "Pedro". Something to comfort the Italian, including the delay in the ranking on the leaders, however, from 26 to 42 points following his withdrawal from Misano.
- MNC of September 8, 2017 :
Will the Doctor therefore hasten his return to try to get back on the handlebars from the next race, scheduled for Aragon (Spain) in 15 days? On a medical level, the challenge promises to be complex insofar as the rehabilitation of his tibia-fibula fracture – estimated at 40 days – will not be completed. But with a champion of Rossi’s caliber, who knows ?!
2017 San Marino MotoGP Grand Prix Results
- 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA Repsol Honda Team 50’41.565
- 9 Danilo PETRUCCI ITA OCTO Pramac Racing +1.192
- 4 Andrea DOVIZIOSO ITA Ducati Team +11.706
- 25 Maverick VIÑALES SPA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP +16.559
- 51 Michele PIRRO ITA Ducati Team +19.499
- 43 Jack MILLER AUS EG 0.0 Marc VDS +24.882
- 45 Scott REDDING GBR OCTO Pramac Racing +33.872
- 42 Alex RINS SPA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR +34.662
- 94 Jonas FOLGER GER Monster Yamaha Tech 3 +54.082
- 38 Bradley SMITH GBR Red Bull KTM Factory Racing +57.964
- 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA Red Bull KTM Factory Racing + 1’00.440
- 19 Alvaro BAUTISTA SPA Pull & Bear Aspar Team + 1’17.356
- 35 Cal CRUTCHLOW GBR LCR Honda + 1’35.588
- 26 Dani PEDROSA SPA Repsol Honda Team + 1’38.857
- 5 Johann ZARCO FRA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 + 2’02.212
- 76 Loris BAZ FRA Reale Avintia Racing (1 lap)
- 17 Karel ABRAHAM CZE Pull & Bear Aspar Team (1 round)
- 53 Tito RABAT SPA EG 0,0 Marc VDS (9 laps)
- 29 Andrea IANNONE ITA Team SUZUKI ECSTAR (12 laps)
- 22 Sam LOWES GBR Aprilia Racing Team Gresini (13 laps)
- 41 Aleix ESPARGARO SPA Aprilia Racing Team Gresini (15 laps)
- 8 Hector BARBERA SPA Reale Avintia Racing (17 laps)
- 99 Jorge LORENZO SPA Ducati Team (22 laps)
MotoGP provisional classification
- Marc MARQUEZ Honda SPA 199 points
- Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati ITA 199 points
- Maverick VIÑALES Yamaha SPA 183 points
- Valentino ROSSI Yamaha ITA 157 points
- Dani PEDROSA Honda SPA 150 points
- Johann ZARCO Yamaha FRA 110 points
- Danilo PETRUCCI Ducati ITA 95 points
- Cal CRUTCHLOW Honda GBR 92 points
- Jorge LORENZO Ducati SPA 90 points
- Jonas FOLGER Yamaha GER 84 points
- Alvaro BAUTISTA Ducati SPA 62 points
- Scott REDDING Ducati GBR 54 points
- Jack MILLER Honda AUS 53 points
- Aleix ESPARGARO Aprilia SPA 43 points
- Loris BAZ Ducati FRA 39 points
- Andrea IANNONE Suzuki ITA 33 points
- Pol ESPARGARO KTM SPA 31 points
- Karel ABRAHAM Ducati CZE 28 points
- Alex RINS Suzuki SPA 27 points
- Tito RABAT Honda SPA 27 points
- Hector BARBERA Ducati SPA 23 points
- Michele PIRRO Ducati ITA 18 points
- Bradley SMITH KTM GBR 14 points
- Mika KALLIO KTM FIN 6 points
- Sam LOWES Aprilia GBR 2 points
- Sylvain GUINTOLI Suzuki FRA 1 point
- Takuya TSUDA Suzuki JPN
ALCANIZ – MOTOGP RACE 2017 MotoGP Aragon GP report and standings Marc Marquez poses a serious option for the 2017 title by signing at the GP of Aragon a…
MOTOGP – SEPANG RACE 2017 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and standings Andrea Dovizioso did not crack under the pressure of the title at the Malaysian GP…
ARAGÓN – RACE MotoGP Aragon GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez takes his sixth victory of the MotoGP 2018 season at the Grand Prix of…
MOTOGP SACHSENRING RACE 2017 MotoGP German GP report and results Marc Marquez takes the lead of the 2017 MotoGP championship at the Sachsenring thanks to…
MOTOGP RACE – PHILLIP ISLAND 2017 MotoGP Australian GP report and standings Marc Marquez takes another big step towards his 4th MotoGP title thanks to…
SEPANG – RACE 2018 MotoGP Malaysian GP report and results (Marquez winner) Marc Marquez won his 44th MotoGP victory at Sepang , bringing his total of…
RACE – LE MANS 2018 MotoGP French GP report and results (Marquez winner) Three out of three. Marc Marquez wins his third MotoGP race in a row at Le Mans…
MONTMELO – RACE Catalonia MotoGP 2018 GP report and results (Lorenzo winner) Jorge Lorenzo caused a sensation on the Montmelo circuit where the future…
MOTOGP CATALUNYA Catalonia MotoGP 2017 GP report and results It’s historic: Ducati records two consecutive victories in MotoGP for the first time since…
RACE – MUGELLO 2018 2018 MotoGP Italian GP report and results ( Lorenzo winner) Incredible Jorge Lorenzo! Mallorcan wins his first official Ducati race…