The Tiger 900 is five ways of seeing the trail, five versions to select your route, five profiles to live the experience of the day right down to the paths. After the base model, then the GT, the GT Pro and the Rally, here is the most trained variant for adventure: the Rally Pro.
It seems that the obstacles are less valiant against this Triumph. The superfluous too. Because the machine pledges in equipment since the Tiger Rally from which it comes. A Pro suffix to put both boots in the same job.
With its look more mischievous than the 800, This Tiger has a certain attractiveness. Going so far as to cause hesitation when it comes to exploiting him for what he is? Can you be a little nervous about throwing a nice motorcycle on the ground when you get stuck in a rut? Take it easy ! She anticipated the blow by hanging on her stomach an aluminum shoe and a pair of crash bars. What protect the 3 cylinders and limit breakage. Too bad you have to reach the highest level of finish in this house to get these protections. The 800 XC were more generous.
The Rally Pro also allows you to smile with surprises. With it, you can plan camping. A pair of fog lights, a center stand, heated saddles, sensors to monitor tire pressure and the crew are ready for all kinds of outings; extended unexpectedly and embellished with the vagaries of the weather.
The key to premium is to load the package into a showcase. Hence the addition of an Up shifter&Down, backlit stems, Off-Road Pro driving mode and “My Triumph” connectivity. I will talk to you about that a little later. Let’s take a few lines first to take stock of everything that this Tiger 900 Rally Pro is on board. I put in bold what there is more since the Rally not Pro:
– New tubular steel trellis frame with removable rear frame.
– 3-cylinder block with new engine firing order (1-3-2), more torque (from 8.1 to 8.9 mkg), more character, A2 compatible and power unchanged (95 hp).
– New swing arm.
– Adjustable footrests.
– Weight down to 201 kilos (- 7 kgs since the 800 XCA).
– Larger 20 liter tank (+1 L).
– Hand guards.
– Engine guard.
– Motor protection bars.
– Central stand.
– Saddle adjustable to two heights at 850 or 870 mm (+ 10 mm from the 800 XCA).
– Brembo Stylema brakes and 320mm rotors.
– Front / rear suspension travel increased: 230 mm / 225 mm (+50 mm / + 55 mm compared to the std, GT and GT Pro) – (+10 mm / + 10 mm compared to the 800 XCA).
– Showa fork and shock absorber instead of the WP 800 XC.
– Fully adjustable 45mm inverted fork.
– Shock absorber adjustable in preload and rebound.
– Tubeless spoked wheels.
– Full LED lighting.
– Daytime signature.
– Fog lights.
– 7 inch color TFT screen
– Shifter Up&Down.
– Handles and heated stool.
– IMU inertial unit.
– Traction control.
– ABS Cornering active in bends.
– Speed regulator.
– Tire pressure monitoring system.
– My Triumph connectivity system via Bluetooth.
– Backlit commodos.
– 12 V socket.
– + 5 kilos.
– Glove box under the saddle to store the phone with USB socket.
– A wide range of Riding Modes (Road – Rain – Sport – Rider / customizable – Off-Road – Off-Road Pro ).
Note that this Rally Pro is the most equipped model in Driving Modes, and the only one to have 6. Concerned about the fact that this model is aimed at backpackers with a little bottle, its Off-Road Pro Mode allows you to take better advantage of human technique. It deactivates the ABS as well as the traction control and switches the mapping to “Off-Road”
Ah, I had to tell you a bit more about “My Triumph” connectivity. With the Bluetooth module grafted onto the Tiger plus the app installed on a smartphone, electronic interaction is reinforced. The driver can manage phone calls, receive messages, control music, control a GoPro and enjoy simple, step-by-step navigation from the handlebars.
We cannot fit much in this 900 Tiger Rally Pro because it is so equipped. To go far, however, it lacks the essential. Suitcases and a backpack. The bill is salty but you will not get better in this family. A question may arise: do we need all of this? It depends where you go.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 0 notice
Tiger 800 XCA 2019
Model marketed in
0 to 100: 3.80 s
medium: 5.20 l
about 200 km / h
The technical aspect
Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro 2020
- Width: 935 mm
- Height: 1,452 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,551 mm
- Dry weight: 196 kg
- Operating weight: 212 kg
- Train before
- secondary by chain
- Rear axle
(78 x 61 mm)
at 8,750 rpm
at 7,250 rpm