Never change a winning team. And when the most mischievous of the team is at the head of sales, we are exceptionally careful before touching anything. If Yamaha has allowed itself to make the MT-09 II more incisive, we notice many more precautions with the MT-07 II.
As said, with tact and timidity. From old to new, we are witnessing a toilet more than an evolution. Just Miss MT-07 will have spent the aprem at the hairdresser. And somewhere so much the better, because the bike has been popular since its inception. The brand has nevertheless applied itself to giving it more cachet, presence, almost authority, with a much less slender front. All you need to do is graft the headlight of the ex-MT09 onto it and you’re done. As much as this optic had a certain bland effect on the first 850 MT, it has a better conclusion here..
To extend this big look, the side scoops take on importance, seek air much more forward, and the visual generated by these shapes rounds the back of the machine. To believe that the MT-07 II did great hours of swimming or took up lightweight wrestling.
The essential is discovered. The rest of the changes are expressed in detail, for the curious eye or briefly for counters. A simplified front fender, an energized rear, revised radiator covers, the indicators that move to its proximity … I think we have done the tour.
he It is therefore time to take an interest in life on board. The only change is the saddle. Longer, its sides take the base of the tank hostage. It announces more comfort and a better driving position. Enough to appreciate the dynamism of the MT-07 for a longer period of time … and its dance during muscular excursions. One of the few weak points of the bike was the suspensions. Phase II should score a few points in this chapter but certainly not yet enough: fork side, no modifications but more sporty settings – for the rear shock absorber, it is a little more extensive, with the appearance of an adjustment relaxation. A commendable gesture, because it is rare to see this device in this level of the range. Even if we are not in the faultless, the MT-07 II should significantly better hold the floor.
Anyway, it is better, because we will not resist the urge to play with it for long. The MT-07 is one of the best machines to start the big cube, and stay there. Imp, the bike requires only joy and liveliness in the right wrist. The CP2 block, set at 270 °, knows how to best distribute its 75 horsepower. No more and no less, he sends exactly what is needed. Besides, Yam didn’t touch it.
Same power, same technique, same missions. In addition to propelling the MT-07, it serves as a support for the tubular steel frame and the swingarm. The weight also remains the same, with 182 kilos all wet. And it’s the same song for the scoreboard. No change of scenery for the block with full digital display.
Phase II of the MT-07 does not intend to upset the verve of this sympathetic machine. Especially not ! Success makes you careful. For a manufacturer, not for those who will send gas to his handlebars (be careful anyway ;-). The technical details are almost unchanged. The Yam will therefore confirm its achievements and its near destiny with readjusted suspensions and a less junkie plastic, more star of the evening. Perfect for asserting your dark and Gavroche side.
**** Recall campaign *****
On July 31, 2018, Yamaha launched a recall campaign for its MT07s as well as its road variants ‘ Tracer 700 ’and neo-retro ‘ XSR700 ’.
The screws securing the transmission chain case to the swingarm could become loose and fall out due to vibrations while driving the vehicle. Additionally, there was a possibility that once the setscrews fell off, the chain case would break when hitting the drive chain. In extreme cases, the broken part of the chain case could fall on the road and obstruct traffic. To remedy this, Yamaha has initiated a recall campaign consisting of replacing the spacers and the chain case mounting screws..
For the French market, a total of 8,871 machines have been recalled.
1. Machines concerned:
• MT07 model 2018 (B4C1) whose serial numbers are between RM172 0000301 and RM172 0010132.
• MT07 model 2018 (B8M1) whose serial numbers are between RM182 0000301 and RM182 0006129.
• Tracer 700 model 2016 (BC61) whose serial numbers are between RM141 0000101 and RM141 0015335.
• Tracer 700 model 2016 (BC62) whose serial numbers are between RM151 0000101 and RM151 0002418.
• Tracer 700 model 2017 (B7K1) with serial numbers between RM141 0011201 and RM141 0014971.
• Tracer 700 model 2018 (BC64) with serial numbers between RM141 0025104 and RM141 0025544.
• Tracer 700 model 2018 (BC65) with serial numbers between RM151 0005101 and RM151 0005380.
• Tracer 700 model 2018 (B1K1) with serial numbers between RM152 0000101 and RM152 0000180.
• XSR700 model 2016 (B341) whose serial numbers are between RM111 0000101 and RM111 0007451.
• XSR700 model 2016 (B342) whose serial numbers are between RM121 0000101 and RM111 0000908.
• XSR700 model 2016 (B344) whose serial numbers are between RM111 0001662 and RM111 0007114.
• XSR700 model 2016 (B345) whose serial numbers are between RM121 0000182 and RM121 0000868.
• XSR700 model 2017 (B347) with serial numbers between RM111 0008102 and RM111 0011135.
• XSR700 model 2017 (B348) with serial numbers between RM121 0002101 and RM121 0002700.
• XSR700 model 2018 (B34A) with serial numbers between RM111 0018101 and RM111 0020254.
• XSR700 model 2018 (B34B) with serial numbers between RM121 0003101 and RM121 0003701.
What you must remember
Calculate the cost of
Test the price of the motorcycle insurance specialist
sure 1 notice
MT-07 700 2017
Model marketed in
medium: 4.30 l
about 190 km / h
The technical aspect
Yamaha 700 MT-07 2018
- Tank: 14 liters
- Width: 745 mm
- Height: 1,090 mm
- Wheelbase: 1,400 mm
- Operating weight: 182 kg
- Train before
- secondary by chain
- Rear axle
(80 x 68.6 mm)
at 9000 rpm
at 6500 rpm